Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Thank you @JulianaAndrew I think many of us on this forum are extremely anxious... and it causes panic with the slightest detail... Im so happy for you as well. As far as I read you had a pretty rough time to get to the happy point. My best wishes to you and your wife... almost there! :)
Yeah I've had a really rough time for the past 7ish months. I haven't slept well during all this time, which makes things even worse. I've been abused in several ways by several family members for over a decade, and it got worse during this time too, so I'm really looking forward to leave and don't come back nor look back. I will literally get the first flight available, so yeah, almost there! :)

Reactions: canuser

canadian2002

Star Member
Nov 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
File Transfer...
04-12-2017
Med's Request
27-11-2017
Med's Done....
29-11-2017
Passport Req..
01-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2018
LANDED..........
20-06-2018
Hi @canadian2002 thank you for such a sweet and thoughtful post.... <3 I hope you get your PPR soon! You and I have similar timelines!

Ugh... I nearly had a mini panic attack... this is stressful as it is. Im going to call our lawyer tomorrow morning. He exclusively deals with immigration so he must have some insight about this situation.

It just seems so absurd that he wouldnt be allowed a stopover with a document that is a ticket to PR?! Anyhow... will confirm with airlines/lawyer etc tomorrow. I will share what I find out - its valuable information to share.
It’s crazy how many hurdles you have to hump through if you’re from a certain country isn’t it?? Even the fact that getting a visitor’s visa for Canada is next to impossible when you have a spouse sponsorship application in is crazy to me...ah well it will be over one day :) thanks so much for your well wishes!

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Thank you @JulianaAndrew I think many of us on this forum are extremely anxious... and it causes panic with the slightest detail... Im so happy for you as well. As far as I read you had a pretty rough time to get to the happy point. My best wishes to you and your wife... almost there! :)
Hey, don't worry, your husband will have a VISA attached with his passport. There are two things you will get back with his passport, one is the COPR, one is the immigration VISA, categorized as FM Class 1. So, if you book his travel smartly, he doesn't need to have another VISA from Germany. The best way is to contact a travel agent either in Canada or in Turkey and explain your situation to them, they will help you on that.

And majority International Airlines won't require you to pickup luggage during flight transit, and most time those international connecting flights are in the same terminal, which it doesn't require you to go out and go through another security check.

Last edited:

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
Hey, don't worry, your husband will have a VISA attached with his passport. There are two things you will get back with his passport, one is the COPR, one is the immigration VISA, categorized as FM Class 1. So, if you book his travel smartly, he doesn't need to have another VISA from Germany. The best way is to contact a travel agent either in Canada or in Turkey and explain your situation to them, they will help you on that.

And majority International Airlines won't require you to pickup luggage during flight transit, and most time those international connecting flights are in the same terminal, which it doesn't require you to go out and go through another security check.
@Miraclejj thank you for this ❤ You know what I realized was that I misunderstand the accroynms! I didnt realize the CoPR is the letter that accompanies the visa... and I panicked reading all this other stuff.... Today, I called our lawyer, and just as you and @canadian2002 reassured me that the counterfoil visa in his passport is valid for travel - and doing a stopover at major airports will not be an issue

Thanks again for checking in - all the best to you too.

Last edited:

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
@Miraclejj thank you for this ❤ You know what I realized was that I misunderstand the accroynms! I didnt realize the CoPR is the letter that accompanies the visa... and I panicked reading all this other stuff.... Today, I called our lawyer, and just as you and @canadian2002 reassured me that the counterfoil visa in his passport is valid for travel - and doing a stopover at major airports will not be an issue

Thanks again for checking in - all the best to you too.
Hi, I'm glad to see you're feeling better now. Please do figure out the cat thingy. The COPR is the Confirmation of Permanent Residency, it is a paper sheet with information, that your husband will need to show the CBSA officer when he does the landing at the airport. The visa (counterfoil) on his passport is a different thing, and it's to let your husband in the country, that's pretty much it. The COPR will also be required to get your husband's SIN. When it says that it isn't a travel document, it just means that you cannot use it as a visa, or as a passport. Best of luck!

Prat_hari

May 26, 2017
Hi, has anyone travelled recently from US to Canada by personal car with CoPR? I received my CoPR recently, but realized that I cannot travel with CoPR after I received that. I have a travel to US coming up in November 1st week and I cannot miss that. I have a US visa, so going to US is not an issue for me.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, has anyone travelled recently from US to Canada by personal car with CoPR? I received my CoPR recently, but realized that I cannot travel with CoPR after I received that. I have a travel to US coming up in November 1st week and I cannot miss that. I have a US visa, so going to US is not an issue for me.
Many people do this. It's not an issue.

Hina Saeed

Mar 30, 2018
Hello.. I want to ask that i have COPR and i'm gonna travel with my husband(sponsor) on omar air via muscat and london to canada.
Please tell me that will the allow me to board on the londan flight with a COPR. Because they usually ask either for a PR card or a london visa. If none available they dont allow you to board on flight.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello.. I want to ask that i have COPR and i'm gonna travel with my husband(sponsor) on omar air via muscat and london to canada.
Please tell me that will the allow me to board on the londan flight with a COPR. Because they usually ask either for a PR card or a london visa. If none available they dont allow you to board on flight.
i didnt understand what flight you're taking.. is it british airways or oman air?

either way, if your stay in UK airport is less than 12 hrs (Transit), they you dont need a UK visa... but obviously you need the Canada PR visa which I'm assuming is stamped on your passport...

Ive flown to US and Canada on british airways with stop in London 2 times, both times without UK visa... FYI.