+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR and PRTD

boom_ptt

Nov 26, 2019
Hello everyone,

First, I have a question regarding CoPR. I got super confused. The only document I received so far after being approved for PR is a paper that has my CoPR number (T + 9 digits), name , DOB, COB, Gender, Category (CEC), address and mentioned that I am a PR, Congratulations! I can use this paper to apply for services.

The reason I am confused is because when I searched to see how CoPR looked like (as attached), it's completely different from the document I have right now.

So, I am not sure if I should follow up my actual CoPR (the one as the photo above) or the document I have is actually considered as a "CoPR".

Also, I need to leave Canada within a few weeks too so I am really worried that I will not have an eligible document to apply for PRTD in my home country (since I won't receive my PR card by the time I leave for sure). I have asked VAC in my home country, they said I will need to have the document that mentioned I got approved for the PR Status.

Could anyone kindly give me advice? I have sent webform twice already, but have not received any responses so far.

Thank you! :)

#237leduke

Feb 27, 2020
Sorry I have no answer and I have almost a similar request.I received 2 months ago a mail READY FOR VISA from ircc asking me to send all our passport in Dakar,since then I have no replied.My worried is that it is possible for them at this stage to denied the PR? Is that mail determine that the PR is accepted???
Waiting for a help.THANKS IN ADVANCE

kathysrazor

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
They probably changed the form. Does your form say “confirmation of permanent residence” and say where and when you landed?
If so, it’s your CoPR.

#237leduke

Feb 27, 2020
They probably changed the form. Does your form say “confirmation of permanent residence” and say where and when you landed?
If so, it’s your CoPR.
It is not at such form.We require a VISA to enter Canada and I thought that in our case it is that VISA you determine the CoPR

kathysrazor

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
They have changed the rules a little bit, and seem to be issuing emails that basically say “congrats, you are a permanent resident”.

If you are a permanent resident, you don’t need a visa, as a visa is a document that gives you permission to enter canada for some purpose. A PR Visa, for example, is permission to enter canada to become a Permanent Resident.

Your email is your COPR, even though it’s not a paper certificate of the old style. It’s a COVID thing. You are now going to need to need a /travel document/, as you are no longer eligible for a visa because you don’t need one.

If you are in Canada, apply for a PR Card. If you are out of Canada, apply for a PRTD.

Reactions: boom_ptt

kathysrazor

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Sorry I have no answer and I have almost a similar request.I received 2 months ago a mail READY FOR VISA from ircc asking me to send all our passport in Dakar,since then I have no replied.My worried is that it is possible for them at this stage to denied the PR? Is that mail determine that the PR is accepted???
Waiting for a help.THANKS IN ADVANCE
If you have a passport request that says a visa is ready, then you need to provide them your passport. If you don’t, you may lose out on your chance to be a PR without reapplying.

#237leduke

Feb 27, 2020
If you have a passport request that says a visa is ready, then you need to provide them your passport. If you don’t, you may lose out on your chance to be a PR without reapplying.
I sent the passports 6 weeks by now.My worried is that a refusal at this stage is still possible?