+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and PR card

colin.sun

Jan 24, 2020
Hi guys,

I am planning to move to Toronto with my COPR in mid-April to complete the landing. In the meantime, I am thinking of visiting NYC after my landing. However, I will not receive my PR card a few weeks/ months after l complete this last step.

I wonder how I could come back to Canada after traveling to NYC. Does anyone know any workaround?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys,

I am planning to move to Toronto with my COPR in mid-April to complete the landing. In the meantime, I am thinking of visiting NYC after my landing. However, I will not receive my PR card a few weeks/ months after l complete this last step.

I wonder how I could come back to Canada after traveling to NYC. Does anyone know any workaround?
You can re-enter Canada through a land border using a private vehicle.

You can also apply for a PRTD from outside of Canada (while you are in NYC). However if this is a relatively short trip, this isn't a realistic option.

falcontiger

Feb 13, 2022
I need some advice regarding the Passport Submission process. Below is my situation :
1. Joint application (husband and wife )
2. Got passport request a few days ago in the primary applicant's email
3. Mentions that we should include all docs ( passports, photos etc.) in 1 package
4. Mail it to VAC New York

But they asked in the email to do this using VFS Global and this is where I am confused.
VFS site is not at all clear and I am confused. So, I have the following questions :

a) Where do I need to send the package to ?
b) In VFS Global site, shall I need to pay for 1 applicant or as many applicants as Family Members ?
c) Do we need to send separate packets for each family member or 1 single packet with ALL family members' stuff ?

Any advise would be helpful.

Thanks