+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and COPR VISA

Tareek008

May 24, 2018
Hello,

I have have my visa (COPR) and i want to know if if will be allowed to enter Canada. I was planning to come in April and it my first time am coming to Canada (Toronto).

Do i need an official document from Canadian Immigration that i can land in Canada with the COPR?

Thank you.

Regards,
Tareek

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I have have my visa (COPR) and i want to know if if will be allowed to enter Canada. I was planning to come in April and it my first time am coming to Canada (Toronto).

Do i need an official document from Canadian Immigration that i can land in Canada with the COPR?

Thank you.

Regards,
Tareek
No one knows right now. We are waiting for further announcements.

Reactions: Tareek008

Tareek008

May 24, 2018

I found this on the Immigration website :

Approved permanent residence applications (COPR and PRV)

Permanent residence applicants who are in possession of a confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) and permanent resident visa (PRV) and inform us, by submitting a web form to IRCC, that they are unable to travel within the validity of their documentation should be processed as follows:

• Valid COPR and PRV: In an effort to reduce the number of cancelled COPRs and PRVs, a note should be placed in the file explaining that the applicant is unable to travel, and the file should be brought forward to the expiration date of the COPR and PRV. If the applicant informs IRCC that they can travel prior to the COPR and PRV expiration, they are encouraged to use their existing COPR and PRV to land.

• Expired COPR and PRV: If the applicant informs IRCC via the web form that they were unable to travel after the expiration of their COPR and PRV, or if they were unable to travel prior to expiration, officers are to re-open the application, and it should be brought forward for review in 90 days.

Source : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#Approved_permanent_residence

What do you think?

Regards,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I found this on the Immigration website :

Approved permanent residence applications (COPR and PRV)

Permanent residence applicants who are in possession of a confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) and permanent resident visa (PRV) and inform us, by submitting a web form to IRCC, that they are unable to travel within the validity of their documentation should be processed as follows:

• Valid COPR and PRV: In an effort to reduce the number of cancelled COPRs and PRVs, a note should be placed in the file explaining that the applicant is unable to travel, and the file should be brought forward to the expiration date of the COPR and PRV. If the applicant informs IRCC that they can travel prior to the COPR and PRV expiration, they are encouraged to use their existing COPR and PRV to land.

• Expired COPR and PRV: If the applicant informs IRCC via the web form that they were unable to travel after the expiration of their COPR and PRV, or if they were unable to travel prior to expiration, officers are to re-open the application, and it should be brought forward for review in 90 days.

Source : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#Approved_permanent_residence

What do you think?

Regards,
This was posted before the federal government announcement and has been extensively discussed on this forum. The short answer is that we don't know at this time. There isn't a definitive answer at this time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
OK thank you.

Is there a main thread which i can follow for the updates about the COPR?
There's no main thread that I know of.

gand001

Mar 17, 2020
Is there an update on this at all? I have a friend who is currently in the US with her COPR and wants to land this week to finalize her PR.

mattyhennessy

Mar 19, 2020
Following this. I can't find an answer either and am in exactly the same situation. I have my COPR and had planned on leaving next week from Australia. I can't find confirmation that I will be allowed to obtain my PR or even be allowed on the flight

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
Following this. I can't find an answer either and am in exactly the same situation. I have my COPR and had planned on leaving next week from Australia. I can't find confirmation that I will be allowed to obtain my PR or even be allowed on the flight
My father just went to Canada embassy in Delhi and showed them my CoPR/PRV. He was told that CoPR holders are not allowed at the moment and we should wait for 6-7 days to get next update.

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
We're all in the same boat, people. PM made the announcement on Monday, the enforcement started on Wednesday.. They are trying to help people in their own country and put policies in place. I think we will know something this week. It's an unprecedented situation, and from all the announcements, they're considering a lot of factors before making a decision. We will hear back soon. Until then, just sit tight.

I, like many of you was looking to travel this week, have my suitcases ready, tickets booked, quit job etc. It's super frustrating - I don't even know if I need to look for something else in case this thing lasts more than 3-4 months. But unless they have concrete steps there's literally nothing we can do.

highend

May 1, 2020
Hi, I am trying to understand the difference between Permanent residence visa and COPR, I am currently in theUS and waiting for pr-visa stamped on my passportt, what would be the validity for pr visa for Indian citizenss. What would be the next step after getting this stamped, will they mail me the COPR or I get it once I go to CA. Please advice.

Tareek008

May 24, 2018
Hi, I am trying to understand the difference between Permanent residence visa and COPR, I am currently in theUS and waiting for pr-visa stamped on my passportt, what would be the validity for pr visa for Indian citizenss. What would be the next step after getting this stamped, will they mail me the COPR or I get it once I go to CA. Please advice.
Permanent resident (PR) is when you're already in Canada and you have your PR Card.
COPR 'Confirmation of Permanent resident' is when you application for PR has been approved. You have ONLY your VISA and you have not yet enter Canada.
A COPR is not a PR. You're not a Permanent Resident of Canada yet.
For the validity, i don't know.
Hope this help.

sukhvirsingh

Star Member
Aug 28, 2019
Montreal, Canada
Category........
VISIT
NOC Code......
From very long time my status was "We are processing your application" is it IP2?yesterday i saw Profile UPDATED when Log in ,,,,,,but after logout i sign in again it just showed "Submitted".
Is that ghost update 3 or what?Anyone know they ask for additional document after ghost update 3 or just send PPR after this,How many days ghost update to PPR?
If they ask for any additional document i want to be ready in advance.Please can anyone guide me,I am little worried.

During the process they just asked me RCMP.

Tareek008

May 24, 2018
From very long time my status was "We are processing your application" is it IP2?yesterday i saw Profile UPDATED when Log in ,,,,,,but after logout i sign in again it just showed "Submitted".
Is that ghost update 3 or what?Anyone know they ask for additional document after ghost update 3 or just send PPR after this,How many days ghost update to PPR?
If they ask for any additional document i want to be ready in advance.Please can anyone guide me,I am little worried.

During the process they just asked me RCMP.
You miss thread. We are talking about COPR / PR here. Please select the appropriate thread so that you can have the right information.