+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR after Pre-Arrival Letter

taukter01

Oct 31, 2023
I submitted a PR application with my family (my husband, daughter, and son) in September. Currently, my son is not in Canada, but the rest of us are. Yesterday, I received my pre-arrival letter. I'm wondering if it's usual to receive a pre-arrival letter when someone is already in Canada. In my case, I received this letter for myself and my daughter, but not for my husband. When I checked the processing times on the website, it showed that the processing time for my dependent (my son) is longer, so I assume this will take time for my son.

I also heard that pre-arrival letters are typically issued after completing the medical test. Since my son is not in Canada, I'm hoping we will receive a notice to have his medical test done first. Should I wait until we get a notification for my son's medical test from outside Canada?

Additionally, could you please clarify why my husband has not received his pre-arrival letter yet?

Usually, how long will it take to get COPR after pre-arrival letter.

Also hoping that Pre-Arrival letter are considered as a good sign.

*Additional information: We already provided police report for me, and my son. Not for my husband because it was not asked. When inquired from web-form about my husband they are saying its files are processing and you will be informed as soon as decision is made*

Your suggestions and help would mean a lot to me.
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I submitted a PR application with my family (my husband, daughter, and son) in September. Currently, my son is not in Canada, but the rest of us are. Yesterday, I received my pre-arrival letter. I'm wondering if it's usual to receive a pre-arrival letter when someone is already in Canada. In my case, I received this letter for myself and my daughter, but not for my husband. When I checked the processing times on the website, it showed that the processing time for my dependent (my son) is longer, so I assume this will take time for my son.

I also heard that pre-arrival letters are typically issued after completing the medical test. Since my son is not in Canada, I'm hoping we will receive a notice to have his medical test done first. Should I wait until we get a notification for my son's medical test from outside Canada?

Additionally, could you please clarify why my husband has not received his pre-arrival letter yet?

*Additional information: We already provided police report for me, and my son. Not for my husband because it was not asked. When inquired from web-form about my husband they are saying its files are processing and you will be informed as soon as decision is made*

Thanks
There seems to be many people posting about receiving pre-arrival letters or receiving pre-arrival on their only profile without having completed things like background checks. There may be a glitch in the system. When did you apply for PR after receiving your NOD. Was your whole family except your son approved as protected people or only you? Was your son under 22 when you applied for PR?

Protected person

Star Member
Feb 14, 2022

Thanks
what is ur timeline ?

taukter01

Oct 31, 2023
There seems to be many people posting about receiving pre-arrival letters or receiving pre-arrival on their only profile without having completed things like background checks. There may be a glitch in the system. When did you apply for PR after receiving your NOD. Was your whole family except your son approved as protected people or only you? Was your son under 22 when you applied for PR?
Sorry for the confusion,
When I said September, I meant 2022 September, and since my son is not here with us, he is not considered as protected person. But his file is processing as well (it says in process when checked on the website) and yes, my son is still under 22.