+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Copr after pnp?

davidbrasil

Star Member
Dec 18, 2023
After receiving the nomination via oinp and applying for PR, can I request COPR for my wife who is outside of Canada? And how long will it take?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
After receiving the nomination via oinp and applying for PR, can I request COPR for my wife who is outside of Canada? And how long will it take?
You both will get COPR once PR application is approved, not before. Processing depends on whether through Express Entry or not. IRCC posts processing times which give an estimate.

davidbrasil

Star Member
Dec 18, 2023
In this case, my oinp being approved and applying for the p.r via express entry can I apply for a work permit or turist for my wife, I came to Canada and wait for the p.r here with the family?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
In this case, my oinp being approved and applying for the p.r via express entry can I apply for a work permit or turist for my wife, I came to Canada and wait for the p.r here with the family?
So you have or have not applied for PR? Wife can apply for a TRV but it may or may not be approved. If you apply inland for PR (her in Canada) she is eligible to apply for a work permit once you have received AOR.

davidbrasil

Star Member
Dec 18, 2023
our oinp is in dip my wife had the w.p denied because it was filled out incorrectly and the second adv. that we hired in Ontario to apply disappeared with the money in this mess, 2 years have passed since she was separated from the family, me and my daughter who are in Kingston, on so the hurry.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
our oinp is in dip my wife had the w.p denied because it was filled out incorrectly and the second adv. that we hired in Ontario to apply disappeared with the money in this mess, 2 years have passed since she was separated from the family, me and my daughter who are in Kingston, on so the hurry.
So you haven’t received OINP nomination to get EE ITA, if through an EE stream. Why don’t you apply for a work permit now while you are on work permit?

davidbrasil

Star Member
Dec 18, 2023
that was the plan plus the adv. who we hired in Kingston no longer responds for 5 months, he deceived us now and it's our only chance

davidbrasil

Star Member
Dec 18, 2023
We were victims of 2, the first one who filled it out incorrectly and the second one who received the money and no longer responds.