CoPR after March - Non exemption landing during Covid

baharnima

Jan 24, 2021
Hello Every One
please help me
i received my visa and my Copr recently
my visa expiration date is on April,14
they extend my medical till October 2021 , and also my husband's
but for my son they just extended it till April,14 !!!!
now, the officer(Paris) asked me to do re-medical for my son
but he changed my profile and service3 as like as the past.. i am "in process" in servic3 now!!!
it is normal? he will change it after pass my son's medical?

Jerrytahir

Jan 26, 2021
Hey everyone!

So, I took the risk and now as a PR, I’d like to share my experience of travelling during covid restrictions.
I am not from any of the exemptions groups. No relatives in Canada. No job. No work permit. No sponsor. No compassionate reasons. No Authorisation Letter.

Nationality: Brazil.
Country of Residence: Ireland.
Office: London
Stream: PNP-Outland

17/02/2018 - Creation of Saskatchewan Nominee Program (SNIP) profile (75/100 points)
27/02/2019 - ITA Saskatchewan - Skilled Workers: Occupation in Demand - 4151 - Psychologists
08/08/2019 - Saskatchewan Nomination (1013 points - EE)
12/08/2019 - ITA Express Entry
30/08/2019 - Medical Exam done (in Ireland)
24/09/2019 - Biometrics done [VAC Dublin]
07/04/2020 - Medical Pass
13/08/2020 - Passport Request [Etobicoke forwarding back to London Office]
20/08/2020 - Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)
26/08/2020 - Passport received at home with PRV
CoPR and Medical valid until April/2021.

I raised around 7 webforms saying I was ready to travel, with quarantine plan, etc, but only got generic responses.
Mailing PHAC they replied “By way of this email, the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) is of the opinion that you would likely be permitted entry to Canada, and would not likely be exempt from quarantine, based on the assessment below.”
CBSA replied: All decisions with regards to entry into Canada and exemptions to mandatory quarantine ultimately rest with the CBSA Border Services Officer (BSO) at the port of entry. Note that there are several factors that BSOs must take into account before determining whether a person is admissible into Canada, and each person will be dealt with in person on a case-by-case basis. The burden of proof rests with the foreign national seeking entry to Canada to satisfy the BSO they are admissible in accordance with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. In general a person must have in their possession appropriate travel documents and be personally admissible into Canada and support the validity of their activity.”

Attaching these two e-mails (no official letters, no signature or official paper) I created a folder with all my documents, Covid test, Airbnb, ArriveCAN, etc.

There’s only one direct flight AirCanada 843 (Dublin-Toronto). Latter December I booked for 31/1, connecting to Saskatoon. On Thursday 14/01/21 my flight was cancelled. Calling the airline, I’ve decided to anticipate to fly on 17/01/21.

At the airport in Dublin: during check-in at the counter (15min) the staff requested my passport, ArriveCAN and Covid test. She saw the PRV on my passport (issued on 20/08/20), asked me to low down the mask, matched info with ArriveCan, printed my boarding passes and said: have a safe trip! (no extra questions at all).

Security, normal.

At gate, I scanned my boarding pass, they checked my temperature and I got into the plane. (again, no further questions).
Toronto first check questions:
-Where did you come from?
-Have you been to the UK, or South America of the last 14 days?
-Do you have a negative covid test?
-ArriveCAN
-Place for quarantine? Who will deliver food?
-What’s the purpose of your trip? (I showed the COPR)
-Welcome to Canada! (10min)
(no questions about exemption, date of CoPR, Authorisation Letter, etc).

She guided me to the second check with Immigration:
-The officer requested Passport, CoPR, covid test, bank statement (mine was printed online from online banking), ArriveCAN, Address for PR card. She asked me to confirm and sign the info from my CoPR, signed my CoPR and passport, collected my fingerprints, gave me papers regarding SIN, Canadian documents, PR card. Wished me a good flight to Saskatoon and welcomed me as a new PR in Canada. (20min).

Toronto Airport was very quiet and the whole process was pretty quick. I didn’t have any hassle, no trouble, no extra questions, no intentions to deny entry from anyone. I had a folder with 40+ documents (from police certificates, professional licenses, EE profile, etc), and I only have to show: 1 - Passport, 2 - CoPR, 3 - PRV, 4 - ArriveCAN, 5 - Quarantine Plan, 6 - Proof of funds, 7 - Covid test. That was all.

Good luck you all!

hi, did they give you PR card on airport as you mentioned in your post? normally they post it?

Salman Hasan

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Congratulations on making it safely to Canada.

Could you please let me know on what you choose for below questions on ArriveCan?
  • are you travel exempt and the type of Exempt travel?
  • the purpose of your travel (such as exempt travel, work, study, family reunification or compassionate reasons) ?

Thanks.
Hey @ama2020 really interested in finding out about how you handled the above in Arrivecan..thanks

yvv

Feb 6, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney,NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2019
Nomination.....
August 2019
AOR Received.
02 10 2019
Med's Done....
22 10 2019
That section you quoting is misleading without the paragraph above it. It is clearly talking about people with COPRs before March 18th
Yeah you are right.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Hello Every One
please help me
i received my visa and my Copr recently
my visa expiration date is on April,14
they extend my medical till October 2021 , and also my husband's
but for my son they just extended it till April,14 !!!!
now, the officer(Paris) asked me to do re-medical for my son
but he changed my profile and service3 as like as the past.. i am "in process" in servic3 now!!!
it is normal? he will change it after pass my son's medical?
I guess thats the process.
Did all your Counterfoils disappear from the account?

Reactions: baharnima

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Ok let me update it
10 days after medical pass, they sended me ppr email again
Thats fantastic.
did they send the ppr request for all of you?
Have you submitted your passports and received the new copr?
Please do update here.

baharnima

Jan 24, 2021
Thats fantastic.
did they send the ppr request for all of you?
Have you submitted your passports and received the new copr?
Please do update here.
Yup, they sended for all of the family and I sended to visa office for visa stick... still waiting

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Yup, they sended for all of the family and I sended to visa office for visa stick... still waiting
All the best.
Pls do update on the validity of the copr you receive now.

nedaa

Oct 20, 2018
Hello Bahar,
I was searching in this site when I came across your posts and I was wondering whether or not you got your Copr? what's the validity date and did you land or not?
I Have my copr valid till Oct2021 (post 18 march 2020) and I do not fall under any exemptions hence not landed yet..

Goodthing

Jan 2, 2021
Hey everyone!

So, I took the risk and now as a PR, I’d like to share my experience of travelling during covid restrictions.
I am not from any of the exemptions groups. No relatives in Canada. No job. No work permit. No sponsor. No compassionate reasons. No Authorisation Letter.

Nationality: Brazil.
Country of Residence: Ireland.
Office: London
Stream: PNP-Outland

17/02/2018 - Creation of Saskatchewan Nominee Program (SNIP) profile (75/100 points)
27/02/2019 - ITA Saskatchewan - Skilled Workers: Occupation in Demand - 4151 - Psychologists
08/08/2019 - Saskatchewan Nomination (1013 points - EE)
12/08/2019 - ITA Express Entry
30/08/2019 - Medical Exam done (in Ireland)
24/09/2019 - Biometrics done [VAC Dublin]
07/04/2020 - Medical Pass
13/08/2020 - Passport Request [Etobicoke forwarding back to London Office]
20/08/2020 - Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)
26/08/2020 - Passport received at home with PRV
CoPR and Medical valid until April/2021.

I raised around 7 webforms saying I was ready to travel, with quarantine plan, etc, but only got generic responses.
Mailing PHAC they replied “By way of this email, the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) is of the opinion that you would likely be permitted entry to Canada, and would not likely be exempt from quarantine, based on the assessment below.”
CBSA replied: All decisions with regards to entry into Canada and exemptions to mandatory quarantine ultimately rest with the CBSA Border Services Officer (BSO) at the port of entry. Note that there are several factors that BSOs must take into account before determining whether a person is admissible into Canada, and each person will be dealt with in person on a case-by-case basis. The burden of proof rests with the foreign national seeking entry to Canada to satisfy the BSO they are admissible in accordance with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. In general a person must have in their possession appropriate travel documents and be personally admissible into Canada and support the validity of their activity.”

Attaching these two e-mails (no official letters, no signature or official paper) I created a folder with all my documents, Covid test, Airbnb, ArriveCAN, etc.

There’s only one direct flight AirCanada 843 (Dublin-Toronto). Latter December I booked for 31/1, connecting to Saskatoon. On Thursday 14/01/21 my flight was cancelled. Calling the airline, I’ve decided to anticipate to fly on 17/01/21.

At the airport in Dublin: during check-in at the counter (15min) the staff requested my passport, ArriveCAN and Covid test. She saw the PRV on my passport (issued on 20/08/20), asked me to low down the mask, matched info with ArriveCan, printed my boarding passes and said: have a safe trip! (no extra questions at all).

Security, normal.

At gate, I scanned my boarding pass, they checked my temperature and I got into the plane. (again, no further questions).
Toronto first check questions:
-Where did you come from?
-Have you been to the UK, or South America of the last 14 days?
-Do you have a negative covid test?
-ArriveCAN
-Place for quarantine? Who will deliver food?
-What’s the purpose of your trip? (I showed the COPR)
-Welcome to Canada! (10min)
(no questions about exemption, date of CoPR, Authorisation Letter, etc).

She guided me to the second check with Immigration:
-The officer requested Passport, CoPR, covid test, bank statement (mine was printed online from online banking), ArriveCAN, Address for PR card. She asked me to confirm and sign the info from my CoPR, signed my CoPR and passport, collected my fingerprints, gave me papers regarding SIN, Canadian documents, PR card. Wished me a good flight to Saskatoon and welcomed me as a new PR in Canada. (20min).

Toronto Airport was very quiet and the whole process was pretty quick. I didn’t have any hassle, no trouble, no extra questions, no intentions to deny entry from anyone. I had a folder with 40+ documents (from police certificates, professional licenses, EE profile, etc), and I only have to show: 1 - Passport, 2 - CoPR, 3 - PRV, 4 - ArriveCAN, 5 - Quarantine Plan, 6 - Proof of funds, 7 - Covid test. That was all.

Good luck you all!
Hello, please can you share the PHAC email address and a sample email. Thank you

baharnima

Jan 24, 2021
Hello Bahar,
I was searching in this site when I came across your posts and I was wondering whether or not you got your Copr? what's the validity date and did you land or not?
I Have my copr valid till Oct2021 (post 18 march 2020) and I do not fall under any exemptions hence not landed yet..
sorry to answer so late.. yes i got new copr and they valid my visa till oct2021.. no Al and still i am in my country..

Reactions: nedaa

hassankm

Nov 11, 2015
Erbil - Iraq
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07-08-2020
AOR Received.
14-08-2020
Med's Done....
28-09-2020
sorry to answer so late.. yes i got new copr and they valid my visa till oct2021.. no Al and still i am in my country..
hello @baharnima ... would you please answer the below?
1) where r u from?
2) PNP or FSW?
3) when did your CoPR expired?
4) did IRCC contact you once your CoPR expired? or you did?
5) did they ask you to do the medical tests again? did you have to submit the passport again to the visa office? if yes, which visa office?
6) how much time did it take to get the passports back? (if you had to)