+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

coop work term????

rajamdgl

Feb 15, 2012
do co-op work term counts while taking post graduate work permit
i mean for how long will i get my w.p if theres a coop work term in my programme??

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajamdgl said:
i mean for how long will i get my w.p if theres a coop work term in my programme??
Hi,

1. If Co-Op is a mandatory part of your course, it count toward the duration of PGWP.
2. Co-Op Work Permit can't be more than 50% of your course duration.

tiger007

Champion Member
rajamdgl said:
Hi,

YES, co-op/internship/work experience term, which are mandatory part of a course will be counted for PGWP.
If you do a 8 months course(2 SEM) with 2 months co-op or full 1 SEM co-op then subsequently you 'll get a 8 months+2 months= 10 months PGWP or 8 months+ 1 SEM(4 months)= 12 months PGWP.
So, course duration+no. of months mandatory co-op = total duration of post graduate work permit.

tiger007

Champion Member
rajamdgl said:
hi if it is a an optional co op term then?????
Hi,

Then it depends on whether you choose to do the co-op or not. If you do the co-op, you will get those extra months on your PGWP and if you don't then you won't. (Particularly applicable to 1 year/ 8 months(2 SEM) programmes which has optional co-op months/term).

Ghostrider0789

Apr 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia - London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2018
Doc's Request.
07-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-03-2019
Med's Request
24-04-2019 - Upfront
Med's Done....
30-05-2019
I am on 1 year student permit and also got my Coop visa for same duration, Just wanted to know what happens if I work for full time along with my study, is there any problem and as there is nothing mention in my coop permit that i have to work full time for certain period only,

Please let me know what you think ?

Tejashree.t27

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Hi,

YES, co-op/internship/work experience term, which are mandatory part of a course will be counted for PGWP.
If you do a 8 months course(2 SEM) with 2 months co-op or full 1 SEM co-op then subsequently you 'll get a 8 months+2 months= 10 months PGWP or 8 months+ 1 SEM(4 months)= 12 months PGWP.
So, course duration+no. of months mandatory co-op = total duration of post graduate work permit.
Hi,

Hope you are doing well.
I am currently doing my internship (Full time paid). My college requires 255 hrs. internship.

I have co-op valid till August 2022. My question is can I continue my internship after my 255 hrs (Minimum requirement of college) is finished. My last semester (i.e. current internship term) is ending in April 2022. And I would like to continue my internship till April 2022, am I allowed to do it?

I have also read on the official site that "Internship should be 50% of total course duration". My total course duration is 915 hrs (I think it includes 255 hrs of internship as well, but I am not sure). So 50% of 915 hrs or 50% of 660hrs (915 - 255 = 660)?

I was not able to find the answer to my question . Kindly help.

Thank you !!

Last edited: