+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Coop work permit problem

Orostacus

Sep 18, 2018
Does a capstone project requires you to apply for a co-op work permit? This project occurs during spring term and it's less or equal to a month. The thing is that I'm on second year in a two years program (music arts), "work term" is called capstone project in my transcript, and it's about a music festival we organize were we basically just play on some bars around town and promote those shows but with no profit whatsoever. This capstone project happens both at the end of first and second year. I asked the school if I needed one and I got the response that I don't, but after reading the emails between the college and their lawyer... The lawyer never stated if I needed one or not wich is why I don't really trust the college response. Even my international student advisor was like if we are wrong im a witness, but I don't think that's relevant for any immigration officer if they deny my pgwp.
Suggestions?

Thank you in advance
Ps: i did asked this before but the lawyer thing is new

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Does a capstone project requires you to apply for a co-op work permit? This project occurs during spring term and it's less or equal to a month. The thing is that I'm on second year in a two years program (music arts), "work term" is called capstone project in my transcript, and it's about a music festival we organize were we basically just play on some bars around town and promote those shows but with no profit whatsoever. This capstone project happens both at the end of first and second year. I asked the school if I needed one and I got the response that I don't, but after reading the emails between the college and their lawyer... The lawyer never stated if I needed one or not wich is why I don't really trust the college response. Even my international student advisor was like if we are wrong im a witness, but I don't think that's relevant for any immigration officer if they deny my pgwp.
Suggestions?

Thank you in advance
Ps: i did asked this before but the lawyer thing is new
Wasn't this answered here?

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/co-op-work-experience-problem.625252/page-2

Orostacus

Sep 18, 2018

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Indeed, but I find it interesting that the lawyer pointed out that any activities that competes with the local market is considered work, therefore playing live music should be considered work? Or is just what appears on my official transcript what is valid for the officer?
Sorry - no idea. I'm not familiar enough with co-ops.