+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COOP Permit

Jun 1, 2021
Hi,
I have a valid COOP work permit and study permit both expire in December 2021. My question is, My course requirement is 280 hours of mandatory work placement. As soon as I complete the hours should I quit the job? if thats the case, I doubt any employer will hire me for just 7 weeks.

Please help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So you want to quit your co-op placement as soon as you complete your obligations and get credit for your program? Your co-op work permit is just for work placements tied to your program. You can’t work full time if it isn’t authorized by your program advisors. It is for co-op only. You can work up to 20 hours off campus and this is open.

Jun 1, 2021
So you want to quit your co-op placement as soon as you complete your obligations and get credit for your program? Your co-op work permit is just for work placements tied to your program. You can’t work full time if it isn’t authorized by your program advisors. It is for co-op only. You can work up to 20 hours off campus and this is open.
My program allows us to work full-time. I would want to continue working without leaving the job by applying pgwp, if thats possible.

fishnchip92

Star Member
May 24, 2021
Hi,
I have a valid COOP work permit and study permit both expire in December 2021. My question is, My course requirement is 280 hours of mandatory work placement. As soon as I complete the hours should I quit the job? if thats the case, I doubt any employer will hire me for just 7 weeks.

Please help.
About Quitting the job , only your college counselor will have a better picture and as far as I know you do need to mention your employer that you are there for CO-OP and I'm sure college will give in written about your CO-OP(duration) which is to be shown to the employer. As for continuing at the same place you and your employer must come to some sort of agreement ie; after you have applied your PGWP.