+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Converting Visitor visa to Supervisa

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello there, didn't you say that you were going to apply within Canada for a SuperVisa? did you do that? my mom is under a visitor's visa and I want her to stay longer. Can you comment on that?
Supervisa is applied for outside Canada.

Gurleen Sekhon

Aug 11, 2021
Hello ,
I have a question I have applied for my mother's supervisa and got approved. Just received the passport back and it says V1 not PG1 ? Does that mean she is granted with visitor visa ?
Please help

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello ,
I have a question I have applied for my mother's supervisa and got approved. Just received the passport back and it says V1 not PG1 ? Does that mean she is granted with visitor visa ?
Please help
Yes. It is at their discretion and decision whether she is granted a supervisa.

Gurleen Sekhon

Aug 11, 2021
Hello there,
My mother is on a visitor visa in Canada and when I applied for her supervisa she was in India. Now she got approval on supervisa and I am planning to courier her passport to Visa office in India. I am very confused here so can she stay in Canada now for 2 years as initially she came here on visitor visa and was granted 6 months stay.
Is someone in the same boat?

Gs88

Dec 19, 2017
Hello there,
My mother is on a visitor visa in Canada and when I applied for her supervisa she was in India. Now she got approval on supervisa and I am planning to courier her passport to Visa office in India. I am very confused here so can she stay in Canada now for 2 years as initially she came here on visitor visa and was granted 6 months stay.
Exact same situation. But I sent passport to Ottawa and not India. Searching for answers if my mom can stay for longer or have to re enter .

mellisa

May 23, 2018
Exact same situation. But I sent passport to Ottawa and not India. Searching for answers if my mom can stay for longer or have to re enter .

Hi could you kindly update if sending passport to Ottawa worked? and was she able to get the TRV sticker with Supervisa ?

mellisa

May 23, 2018
Hello there,
Hi Gurleen, Can you kindly update how this scenario worked out for you?

Gurleen Sekhon

Aug 11, 2021
Hello guys,
Today I received a letter stating that CIC has not received my mother's medical as requested on January 13,2022 but she has already completed her medical on January 08,2022. I have sent them the webforms with the UMI sheets. Please guide what should I do in this scenario?
Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello guys,
Today I received a letter stating that CIC has not received my mother's medical as requested on January 13,2022 but she has already completed her medical on January 08,2022. I have sent them the webforms with the UMI sheets. Please guide what should I do in this scenario?
Thank you
You already did it submit a web form with proof that she did her medical. There is a backlog in processing Medicals so it's likely stuck in the backlog

qwertas

Dec 16, 2018
Send a webform indicating that your mother is currently in Canada and you’d like stamping in Canada.
I've already done it but received no reply. It seems IRCC agents reply within 1.5-2 months now.
I'll just send the passport and see what happens