+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Converting Visitor visa to Supervisa

VATSALVG

May 3, 2019
I've already done it but received no reply. It seems IRCC agents reply within 1.5-2 months now.
I'll just send the passport and see what happens
Hello, Facing a similar situation. Please give an update once you hear back from agent or get an update on passport submission. Would be grateful. Thank you.

superMK

Feb 23, 2021
Hi Guys,

I wanted to do the same for my parents. Their both here in Canada. A recent extension for 6months has been approved. And I would like to apply the super visa inside Canada.

Just want to clarify, do they need to exit the country just to get a stamp once approved?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

I wanted to do the same for my parents. Their both here in Canada. A recent extension for 6months has been approved. And I would like to apply the super visa inside Canada.

Just want to clarify, do they need to exit the country just to get a stamp once approved?
They can't apply for a supervisa from inside Canada. You also need to leave Canada and reenter to
initiate the suervisa.

i@Singh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
My parents have visitor visa but they have not yet travelled to canada. They are still in India. Can I still apply for super visa so that they can be here for more than 6 months?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
My parents have visitor visa but they have not yet travelled to canada. They are still in India. Can I still apply for super visa so that they can be here for more than 6 months?
Yes you can apply for S V as separate application
Conversion form V V to SV is not possible
Apply for a fresh Application with required documents

Good Luck

Huyenthu98

Feb 5, 2017
Yes you can apply for S V as separate application
Conversion form V V to SV is not possible
Apply for a fresh Application with required documents

Good Luck
Can I ask how will they do counterfoil for the super visa on passport while my mother already had visa visitor counterfoil on the passport? Or they will cancel the visitor visa’s one first?

sp19

Mar 10, 2023
hi, can you pls update if you applied super visa application again for your parents and if it was approved?
if approved, did they cancel the visitor visa and stamp new super visa?
how long did it take for second visa processing?

i am planning to apply super visa for my parents and they have a valid visitor visa. Any update would be helpful.

thanks.

Reactions: longvh

sp19

Mar 10, 2023
Exact same situation. But I sent passport to Ottawa and not India. Searching for answers if my mom can stay for longer or have to re enter .
Hi can you pls clarify if the visitor visa was cancelled while stamping new super visa ?
Did your mother have to re-enter for super visa stamp?

Thanks.

i@Singh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
hi, can you pls update if you applied super visa application again for your parents and if it was approved?
if approved, did they cancel the visitor visa and stamp new super visa?
how long did it take for second visa processing?

i am planning to apply super visa for my parents and they have a valid visitor visa. Any update would be helpful.

thanks.
I did not apply. But one of my friend applied Super Visa for his parents and it got approved. they did travel on visitor visa once

Rafeeqnkk

Aug 5, 2021
Anyone can explain the visitor visa extension process.. and how long it's take, when we can apply before expiry or after expiry