AINP
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
10 Mar 2021
Nomination.....
12 Jul 2021
AOR Received.
29 Aug 2021
Just wondering....How have folk who are inland managed to get to Canada? Is it on visit visa and then you apply for a work permit or PR? From what I'm reading work permits are hard to come by without an LMIA job.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
It's not as easy as entering as a visitor and applying for a work permit or PR. You still need to fulfil the requirements to get them, including an LMIA if necessary. Besides, they won't let you in as a visitor if they suspect your intention is to overstay or work illegally.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is also no guarantee you will find an employer willing to go through the LMIA process and their approval is not guaranteed. WP is also not guaranteed and processing is not a priority except for some select industries. Given the high unemployment employers will really need to show that they couldn't find an employess who was already able to work in Canada.

dpinsent

Oct 24, 2016
Qatar
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
10 Mar 2021
Nomination.....
12 Jul 2021
AOR Received.
29 Aug 2021
It's not as easy as entering as a visitor and applying for a work permit or PR. You still need to fulfil the requirements to get them, including an LMIA if necessary. Besides, they won't let you in as a visitor if they suspect your intention is to overstay or work illegally.
I have no intention of getting in by illegal means which is why I have been at this since 2003 :) I was just wondering if one is on a visit visa and an employer is willing to apply for LMIA, is it then possible to convert from a visit to a work visit visa? Is that possible and legal?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have no intention of getting in by illegal means which is why I have been at this since 2003 :) I was just wondering if one is on a visit visa and an employer is willing to apply for LMIA, is it then possible to convert from a visit to a work visit visa? Is that possible and legal?
Technically it is possible for an employer to apply for an LMIA and it is possible for someone to apply online for a WP. The timeframe is likely 4-6+ months but longer at the moment. If Canadian unemployment rates are higher then approvals will decrease.

Reactions: dpinsent