canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I may be asking a questions which has been answered by others.

Is there any possibility of applying myself to have a open work permit while I work on a temporary visa on Intra company transfer.

I was checking the website and found it not highlighting nor restricting me to change the status on WP

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5553-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker.html
No. OWPs are only granted in very specific situations.

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
No. OWPs are only granted in very specific situations.
Thanks for the response. Can you point to some rules or outline what are those specific situations, will I demonstrate if I like to settle in Canada or any similar interest will drive to get to OWP.
My primary reason is to file for PR and I am short of points due to my age. Well qualified, Master education I may not attain points unless I get a new Job. What are my options to get jobs here considering if skill is niche and high demand.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the response. Can you point to some rules or outline what are those specific situations, will I demonstrate if I like to settle in Canada or any similar interest will drive to get to OWP.
My primary reason is to file for PR and I am short of points due to my age. Well qualified, Master education I may not attain points unless I get a new Job. What are my options to get jobs here considering if skill is niche and high demand.
PGWP, IEC, spouses of skilled foreign workers and international students, spouses being sponsored inland etc.

No, wanting to settle in Canada doesn't lead to an OWP.