+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conventional Refugee PR vs CSQ

Jack_Sparrow

Jun 28, 2019
Hello everyone, I need some clarification as I am not quite sure what to do next. Received my refugee hearing decision letter some weeks ago. This came with Quebec selection forms (CSQ).

1. Do I need to apply for CSQ if I want to move to a different province?? Am I allowed to leave Quebec? Reason for moving is language as I know I cannot learn French, don't try to convince me lol.
2. Do other provinces have their type of selection programs? OINP & AINP doesn't refer to conventional refugees.
3. If these selection programs are available for Ontario and Alberta, how do I go about it? I also haven't applied for PR yet.

Thank you to everyone in advance! I really appreciate any insight, wish I could buy y'all a beer/soda for the contributions. Feel free to ask me questions for clarification.

Jan 10, 2017
1. As far as I know you don't need to apply CSQ if you are planning to move to a different province.
2. I haven't heard yet about other provinces selection program for refugees and I don't think so that other provinces have so called programs. The reason would be for Quebec to have such selection program is because it has it's own immigration.
3. I don't think so those programs are applicable to refugees.

For more information it's better to contact IRCC.