+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Controlled Epilepsy - Will I Fail the Medical Exam?

hemlockmark

Jun 15, 2016
Update: regardless of my epilepsy and need for meds to control it, I passed the exam and my app is progressing with no requests for more info etc. Looks good.

I know of one other immigrant family with an epileptic child - they were approved for PR.

Reactions: getjaionline

getjaionline

Jul 10, 2017
Update: regardless of my epilepsy and need for meds to control it, I passed the exam and my app is progressing with no requests for more info etc. Looks good.

I know of one other immigrant family with an epileptic child - they were approved for PR.
Hi, good news. I have a question.. My wife is having epilepsy and had only once in last 10 years as well but taking lamotrigine regularly. We have informed the panel doctor about that and given the record of where UK GP who says she remains seizure free. So hope that won't be an issue. Have you submitted any additional papers to support your medical condition.? In the statutory section in PR application they are asking whether you have serious disease. Should I mention yes/no there? Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, good news. I have a question.. My wife is having epilepsy and had only once in last 10 years as well but taking lamotrigine regularly. We have informed the panel doctor about that and given the record of where UK GP who says she remains seizure free. So hope that won't be an issue. Have you submitted any additional papers to support your medical condition.? In the statutory section in PR application they are asking whether you have serious disease. Should I mention yes/no there? Thanks
Say yes. Your wife cannot be refused PR for this reason.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
If it's spousal sponsorship, she cannot be inadmissible for health reasons unless they are contagious.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear Seniors,

I am seeking guidance in a slightly different situation I have recently received my offer letter from Centennial College Toronto and my next step is to get my medical done,

Its been more than 4 years I have had no episodes and I am on daily medication leading a normal life.

Please post in international student section

Please advise what are the changes of a student visa refusal in my condition.

This will help me stop the process at this very moment and not take it any further.

Regards,
Garima

Helenbakare17

Oct 19, 2023
Hi everyone, please I am an epileptic patient, but I have not had a seizure for 12 years now because I am on medication and my seizure is a partial seizure, I declared all this to the Doctor on the day of my medicals, would I fail the medical exam for a study visa? Please, guys I need a response, I am really freaking out!:(

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone, please I am an epileptic patient, but I have not had a seizure for 12 years now because I am on medication and my seizure is a partial seizure, I declared all this to the Doctor on the day of my medicals, would I fail the medical exam for a study visa? Please, guys I need a response, I am really freaking out!:(
No one can say for certain but doubt it.