+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Contract Job Experience confusion

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey guys, I have 3 years experience as an assistant professor but on contract basis on 6 months intervals like 6 months contract then 2 days gap and then again 6 months contract. Please tell me is my experience eligible for FSW or PNP programs?
Don't post again as you were given the answer in another post. You are eligible if you meet FSW requirements with 67+ points. Your experience is eligible with only a couple of days between jobs. You will need employment letters. Research PNP programs as each has different requirements - job offer, NOC etc.

saadam

Apr 17, 2023
Hi all, I read through the replies and still have one query. With my agency I was employed for a total of 1 year and 4 months. For 1 year and 1 month I was a contract T4-employee where my agency paid the tax, CPP EI etc and then was converted into an hourly contract employee and had to pay my own tax etc. For EE and CEC should I report this as continuous work experience for the full 1 year and 4 months, or should I split them up and have the latter experience as 3 months of self-employed? My reference letter mentions that I was converted to an hourly contract employee for those three months.