+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Continuous IMM1294 issues

stevenjudge

Jun 26, 2017
Hi, I know there have been posts about IMM1294 elsewhere but this is driving me crazy!

I am trying to complete the study permit application (already managed to get the CAQ done) for my daughter but I simply cannot get the IMM1294 downloaded / submitted.

On Chrome (which is the browser that I used to download and complete other files for the process), I continuously get the 'wait' message. The message never goes away and I never receive the form to complete. If I try and save the link / file directly, all I get is a PDF with the same 'wait' message.

On Mozilla, I get the same as above.

On Safari, I can reload the page with plug-ins and then I am able to get the file and complete it, however, the form does not save to my desktop...I always get 'form is empty' error! On many occasions pressing print has failed due to a 'missing plug-in' and all of the form gets wiped so I need to fill the form in again! This also means I cannot get a copy of the form sent to another computer, etc., to try other methods.

I tried to hack the form and screen printed each page and converted them to a single PDF file which looks like a nicely completed form, however, the IRCC portal refuses to accept this file. I continue to get an error message which tells me to download the form again, validate it, etc., and submit again!

I have submitted a technical report to IRCC but I have not received a reply.

I have spent hours and hours and I am at a complete loss as to how to resolve this. The issue has persisted for about 4-6 weeks now and so time is starting to run out!

I am using a recent MacBook with up-to-date software (Adobe, etc) and have tried everything I possibly can. I have tried other MacBooks (always the same issue) and a PC (same issue).

I really need to resolve this ASAP !!

Thanks for help, etc :)

Steve

stevenjudge

Jun 26, 2017
Oh and I forgot to mention that I have converted the PDF that doesn't upload to a .TIFF (as one of the accepted file formats) but the portal rejects that also as not a valid PDF file !!

EternalEffort

Jun 23, 2017
Stop meddling with the form! It's not supposed to be edited/modified in any way that's not simply filling it. To display the form you need the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader on Windows/Mac. If you can't get it displayed properly (the wait message you get indicates your PDF reader is old), get it opened on a friend's computer in Adobe Reader. Download a new form, delete all old forms that you try to play with, and start anew. Meddling with the form internals is a sure shot way to mess up with your VISA application.