+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Continuous Experience?

Asta La Vista

Nov 14, 2016
Hi,

I have a total of 5 years and 9 months experience but in different fields
- 3 years 10 months experience as a electrical Engineer after my Engineering degree , and
- 1 year and 11 months experience as a Corporate manager after my MBA degree

The concern is : there was a gap of two years between these experiences as I left my first job and went for higher studies completed my MBA in 2 years and joined new organization immediately after completion of MBA, Now for creating the EE profile how much total experience should I Consider?

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you can get / have reference letter and other supporting documents for your first job then you are good to go. Gap is perfectly fine, CIC requirement is that you should have at least a year of continuous employment on your primary NOC code.

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Total experience in your case will be addition of both of your jobs provided you have supporting documents as i mentioned above,

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asta La Vista said:
Thanks a lot Ayam93..

I have another doubt here.. Is it necessary to have your current job as your Primary NOC?
No.

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
Asta La Vista said:
Hi,

I have a total of 5 years and 9 months experience but in different fields
- 3 years 10 months experience as a electrical Engineer after my Engineering degree , and
- 1 year and 11 months experience as a Corporate manager after my MBA degree

The concern is : there was a gap of two years between these experiences as I left my first job and went for higher studies completed my MBA in 2 years and joined new organization immediately after completion of MBA, Now for creating the EE profile how much total experience should I Consider?
You will get maximum points for 3 years of foreign work experience as long as this was within the past 10 years. Just get a reference letter when you were employed as an electrical Engineer with everything CIC requires(dates,hours,pay,benefits etc). This is the only position you will need to add in your express entry profile. You can of course mention all your other experience under previous history section after you get your ITA. Hope this helps.