+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Continuing to work on Express Entry from one's home country: possible? Acceptable?

ila8394

Aug 31, 2017
My friend's Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) will expire at the end of April 2018. She already took IELTS but wasn't satisfied with the score, and she doesn't think it's sufficient enough to satisfy the Express Entry point requirements. Hence she'd like to give it another try and take another one, and CELPIP too. The timing is really tight though.

My questions are:

1. In the unlikely event that she doesn't have enough time to submit her Express Entry profile and/or submit her PR application and get a bridging visa before the end of April, I assume she'll have to go back to her home country by end of April (or else if she continued to stay, it would mean overstaying).

Are there any reasons she can't continue working on her Express Entry application from her home country? That is perfectly fine and acceptable, right?

2. She suspects that there's no point in continuing to work on her Express Entry application from her home country, because she believes that the CIC probably gives more points / prioritizes people who are physically in Canada.

I don't think that's true? The only major things the CIC cares about are one's education, work experience, age, and English ability, correct?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - Yes, she can continue her application from her home country.

2 - She's incorrect.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Canadian education and work experience does offer more points, but being present in Canada at the time of application does not give any additional points.