+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Continuing Studies?- Need Help

monti12

Star Member
Nov 23, 2019
Hello all,

I have few questions; If i enroll to a ''Continuing Studies '' program in Univeristy of Victoria (or another university)

- Can I apply PGWP after my study?
- Is it difficult to get study visa?
- I already have master degree, do I have to declare that? Because if i declare it, do you think it could effect my acceptance and visa?
- How many point i can get from this programs (for FSW)?

Thanks a lot.

by the my age is 35.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1. You can apply for a PGWP if the program is eligible.
2. At your age, yes it can be difficult.
3. Not declaring your masters is misrepresentation and can get you banned for 5 years.
4. Don’t know points because don’t know profile and if you are eligible (min. of 67 points). If eligible, you need around 470.

Reactions: monti12

monti12

Star Member
Nov 23, 2019
1. You can apply for a PGWP if the program is eligible.
2. At your age, yes it can be difficult.
3. Not declaring your masters is misrepresentation and can get you banned for 5 years.
4. Don’t know points because don’t know profile and if you are eligible (min. of 67 points). If eligible, you need around 470.
Thanks a lot for your reply.

1- program looks eligible for PGWP but will check with school. hope they can give proper answer.
2- Have you heard anyone got visa at my age? What can we do to increase our chance?
3- Thanks.
4- I am asking that if i graduated from this school. How many extra point i can get?

Thanks agian.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks a lot for your reply.

1- program looks eligible for PGWP but will check with school. hope they can give proper answer.
2- Have you heard anyone got visa at my age? What can we do to increase our chance?
3- Thanks.
4- I am asking that if i graduated from this school. How many extra point i can get?

Thanks agian.
The school is eligible. Length of PGWP depends on length of program. People at your age get a study permit but you need to show career progression. And need to show why taking a certificate in Canada will give you more job opportunities in your home country. 15 points.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

Reactions: monti12