+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Contesting a parking ticket in Montreal - Sign misleading

luic

Feb 27, 2016
I know it is not relevant but hopefully I will have useful direction as where do I seek advice.

I got a parking ticket at home. The sign says no parking on Mondays from 9-11. However the 45 degree red inclined line did not exist as it is pealed off 100% on the sign panel that the no parking P with red line reads as “P” (parking allowed). Do I have a chance to plead not guilty? Any experience!
The other mitigation factor is I had Court Telephone Hearing to attend at 9.00 in the USA which I had to attend at home same time slot Montreal time. Ticket issued 9:18
My first ticket and my driving record have been clean so far. Thanks for sharing your thoughts as $53 is one day of work for me.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
luic said:
I know it is not relevant but hopefully I will have useful direction as where do I seek advice.

I got a parking ticket at home. The sign says no parking on Mondays from 9-11. However the 45 degree red inclined line did not exist as it is pealed off 100% on the sign panel that the no parking P with red line reads as “P” (parking allowed). Do I have a chance to plead not guilty? Any experience!
The other mitigation factor is I had Court Telephone Hearing to attend at 9.00 in the USA which I had to attend at home same time slot Montreal time. Ticket issued 9:18
My first ticket and my driving record have been clean so far. Thanks for sharing your thoughts as $53 is one day of work for me.
You are correct. It's not relevant. There are any number of Canadian web sites dedicated to overcoming parking enforcement.