+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Contents of the Oath Ceremony Letter (received via email) and discussion

n2m5

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
I have already sent it, should be worried?

I dint realize there was an edit option!!!

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
@mpsqra I think you should be ok. IRCC will find it anyways. Doesn't hurt to resend it though.
Thanks,,, I've been waiting for almost 16 months,,,,, so I can wait a little more,,,
thanks for your sugestion. I wrote the agent number and name in the text.

n2m5

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
@mpsqra if you dont mind could you please update here once you receive your certificate?
I know I am getting worried for nothing but still would appreciate it.

Reactions: mpsqra

DR8765

Feb 9, 2022
Hi, I was wondering if anyone got an oath invitation letter stating the time the ceremony would be held in EDT (Eastern Daylight Time). Is this the same as EST since we're in February? Also, are we supposed to sing the national anthem during the online ceremony or just state the oath? thanks

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
@mpsqra if you dont mind could you please update here once you receive your certificate?
we have to be patience, this is the most stressful situation,,, I love Canada but,,, so much anxiety in the whole immigration process

Reactions: n2m5

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Hi, I was wondering if anyone got an oath invitation letter stating the time the ceremony would be held in EDT (Eastern Daylight Time). Is this the same as EST since we're in February? Also, are we supposed to sing the national anthem during the online ceremony or just state the oath? thanks

AFAIK both are showing the same time even if I check for March 3rd week and April too. Anyways keeping the time difference aside.

No private or government body will ask their customers to convert the time and come accordingly, that doesn't make any sense, as straight forward instructions people have hard time to follow and time conversions will be another bizarre thing. So I would suggest not to worry but yes feel free to call the call center to know what time you should be there.

Every flight ticket for international travel with different time zones will mention... the times are as per the local airport time zones. This is the example I used to give when people missed interviews or called to ask why they are scheduled interviews at 4 am and 11 pm. I haven't heard this time conversation issue for the past 1 year.

In a Good way you pointed it out. I am not sure if everyone paying attention to the time zone or they may Google time difference (any way it shows 1 pm est is 1 pm edt) . I would say with 100% hope that asking customers to covert time zone and attend some meetings would be a bizarre thing at least for IRCC.

They send the invite in PDF instead if they send a direct zoom link will not add up to the calendar to give automatic reminders before the meeting. I would say they are doing their best.

Yes you have to sing the national anthem....

Oath could be bilingual oath or French and english one after the other respectively. All these instructions will be explained by the clerk and agent too.

My Invitation was from Montreal office and the ceremony conducted office as well. The invite said bilingual but the agent said the ceremony will be held in English. Judge gave speech in french followed by English just like the prime minister speech...

She said it is the country with 2 official languages and we appreciate if you can say the oath in both languages, we just need to repeat what the judge says. It may differ from office to office and judge to judge. You can watch recorded videos on youtube. Many recorded unofficially the full ceremony.

Except the time zone factor, rest assured you should be fine, try not to have any distraction for that little time. You will do great. Wish you good luck.

Reactions: QueenPeaches

DR8765

Feb 9, 2022
AFAIK both are showing the same time even if I check for March 3rd week and April too. Anyways keeping the time difference aside.

No private or government body will ask their customers to convert the time and come accordingly, that doesn't make any sense, as straight forward instructions people have hard time to follow and time conversions will be another bizarre thing. So I would suggest not to worry but yes feel free to call the call center to know what time you should be there.

Every flight ticket for international travel with different time zones will mention... the times are as per the local airport time zones. This is the example I used to give when people missed interviews or called to ask why they are scheduled interviews at 4 am and 11 pm. I haven't heard this time conversation issue for the past 1 year.

In a Good way you pointed it out. I am not sure if everyone paying attention to the time zone or they may Google time difference (any way it shows 1 pm est is 1 pm edt) . I would say with 100% hope that asking customers to covert time zone and attend some meetings would be a bizarre thing at least for IRCC.

They send the invite in PDF instead if they send a direct zoom link will not add up to the calendar to give automatic reminders before the meeting. I would say they are doing their best.

Yes you have to sing the national anthem....

Oath could be bilingual oath or French and english one after the other respectively. All these instructions will be explained by the clerk and agent too.

My Invitation was from Montreal office and the ceremony conducted office as well. The invite said bilingual but the agent said the ceremony will be held in English. Judge gave speech in french followed by English just like the prime minister speech...

She said it is the country with 2 official languages and we appreciate if you can say the oath in both languages, we just need to repeat what the judge says. It may differ from office to office and judge to judge. You can watch recorded videos on youtube. Many recorded unofficially the full ceremony.

Except the time zone factor, rest assured you should be fine, try not to have any distraction for that little time. You will do great. Wish you good luck.

I appreciate your input. It's really hard to get a hold of a call center agent, that's why I thought of posting the question in this forum

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
UPDATE
ECAS = Complete
NEW TRACK = Ceremony: In progress

Reactions: n2m5

dan1509

Apr 1, 2020
Do they not send an email back confirming they received your signed oath form? Im worried i worte the address wrong (considering how long it is).

Also, how long should it take to receive the certificate