+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Content of reference letter

Shaq

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
Hi,

I wanted to if anyone has tried mentioning the NOC in their reference letters? I have to apply for EE CEC soon, I know all the information is on the website but does mentioning the NOC increase the authenticity or not? I have a confusion between a code 4163 and 1123. As per my understanding and discussion with the HR, the applicable code to my experience is 1123 and I just want to make sure I don't get a refusal.

I am attaching the following document:
1- Reference Letter (1123/4163)
2- Reference Letter (0124)
3- Paystubs (last six months of each position)
4- Promotion letter

Can anyone please help me???

limin_w

Jul 17, 2017
Re the difference between 4163/1123, read their lead statements and compare with your job duties. You should use whichever fits better to your job.

I did not mention NOC codes in my reference letter, and I am not sure including that would influence your application either way.

Reactions: singhanchal13

singhanchal13

Jun 13, 2016
Hi,

I wanted to if anyone has tried mentioning the NOC in their reference letters? I have to apply for EE CEC soon, I know all the information is on the website but does mentioning the NOC increase the authenticity or not? I have a confusion between a code 4163 and 1123. As per my understanding and discussion with the HR, the applicable code to my experience is 1123 and I just want to make sure I don't get a refusal.

I am attaching the following document:
1- Reference Letter (1123/4163)
2- Reference Letter (0124)
3- Paystubs (last six months of each position)
4- Promotion letter

Can anyone please help me???
Not sure if mentioning NOC will increase the authenticity of reference letter or not, that can be only clarified by CIC representative. As per the CIC site, your applied NOC (4163/1123) whatever you have mentioned should only be verified with the roles and responsibility mentioned by you in reference letter with the once mentioned under NOC code description.

Make sure your experience letter's R & R are quoted in such a way that they are similar to the R & R given under the NOC you finally choose to apply. Not all letters have the NOC codes.