+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Contacting MP

Yess

Star Member
Jan 22, 2024
Hello,

My friend is meant to attend a conference at McGill from UK but is experiencing delays. They wanted to know if the conference organisers contacting an MP will help their case? And how long does it take to hear back after contacting MP?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello,

My friend is meant to attend a conference at McGill from UK but is experiencing delays. They wanted to know if the conference organisers contacting an MP will help their case? And how long does it take to hear back after contacting MP?
Contacting the MP will not help their case . IE getting it approved

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

MP will only help if you are their constituent. Your friend should be contacting the conference organizers. If your friend is presenting at the conference for example then they may be able to help but if only attending the conference they will likely be limited on what they can do. What is your friend’s citizenship and their status in the UK?