+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Contacting CIC

Welp333444

Aug 8, 2020
Hi,

Is there any way you can contact if you're not in Canada other than the web form? They have a contract number on their website, but it's only for people in Canada.

Thanks

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Ooooooh, CIC. How silly of me! Might there be a particular department, office, type of application specific enquiry you want to make or did you just want to say hello? The reason I ask is because, no, there is no other phone number for CIC from outside Canada, but you might be able to send an e-mail or webform or communicate in some other way, depending on what you're trying to accomplish.

Welp333444

Aug 8, 2020
Ooooooh, CIC. How silly of me! Might there be a particular department, office, type of application specific enquiry you want to make or did you just want to say hello? The reason I ask is because, no, there is no other phone number for CIC from outside Canada, but you might be able to send an e-mail or webform or communicate in some other way, depending on what you're trying to accomplish.
Well, I'm pretty sure people only try to get in touch with CIC if they want some information regarding their visa applications. I applied for the study permit. I had a just completed a few documents that I didn't have with me when I submitted my application, such as the GIC, full-year tuition, etc. I wanted to ask them if uploading these documents to the web form for my application might be result in it moving to the Sds stream. Hope it's clear now. If you still just want to make jokes and aren't here for actually helping people out, I'd suggest you refrain from commenting on this thread :)

Reactions: thevisawhisperer

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Well, I'm pretty sure people only try to get in touch with CIC if they want some information regarding their visa applications. I applied for the study permit. I had a just completed a few documents that I didn't have with me when I submitted my application, such as the GIC, full-year tuition, etc. I wanted to ask them if uploading these documents to the web form for my application might be result in it moving to the Sds stream. Hope it's clear now. If you still just want to make jokes and aren't here for actually helping people out, I'd suggest you refrain from commenting on this thread :)
Do you think I'm making jokes at your expense? No one on the forum is a mind reader. We are trying to help, but in order to help we need specifics. You already know the answer to 'are there any other phone numbers to contact'? The answer is NO.

The answer to your specific question might be found in a response from a Case Specific Enquiry (i.e., the very same webform https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.89663579.1982319276.1412349823) if they weren't obtuse and unhelpful, in general.

Do you want your application moved to the SDS stream? Why would submit an application without all of the required documents?
You could withdraw the first application and make a new application WITH all of the necessary documents.

But here is the most important thing to know. IRCC doesn't want to hear from you. They don't want you to submit a half-assed application and then try to finish it off piecemeal with webform uploads. They want you to submit a completed application and if you don't they cancel it or refuse it. That is why it is so hard to find any way to communicate with IRCC. They have placed the onus entirely on your to give them everything they need, all in one go, to make a decision on your application. They are not prepared to re-negotiate hundreds of thousands of applications.

Welp333444

Aug 8, 2020
Do you think I'm making jokes at your expense? No one on the forum is a mind reader. We are trying to help, but in order to help we need specifics. You already know the answer to 'are there any other phone numbers to contact'? The answer is NO.

The answer to your specific question might be found in a response from a Case Specific Enquiry (i.e., the very same webform https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.89663579.1982319276.1412349823) if they weren't obtuse and unhelpful, in general.

Do you want your application moved to the SDS stream? Why would submit an application without all of the required documents?
You could withdraw the first application and make a new application WITH all of the necessary documents.

But here is the most important thing to know. IRCC doesn't want to hear from you. They don't want you to submit a half-assed application and then try to finish it off piecemeal with webform uploads. They want you to submit a completed application and if you don't they cancel it or refuse it. That is why it is so hard to find any way to communicate with IRCC. They have placed the onus entirely on your to give them everything they need, all in one go, to make a decision on your application. They are not prepared to re-negotiate hundreds of thousands of applications.
Well, I applied through the non-sds stream. The GIC and full-year tuition is not a requirement if you go for non-sds. So, my application for that particular stream was complete.

The thing is, I have those documents now, and thought that might help bolster my application, and maybe even result in shorter processing times. That's precisely why I want to shift my application to Sds.

Would you suggest I withdraw that application and start a new one? I submitted my non-sds application in July. If I start a new application and apply through sds now, do you think I'll be able to get an AIP in time before my semester starts; i.e. Sep 9?

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
I don't see anything in the OBs around SDS about changing streams. I am guessing that you 'choose a stream' when you submit your application.
If I were you I would (re)submit a complete SDS application. Estimated processing times are out the window now, but I think that the priorities themselves remain.

Welp333444

Aug 8, 2020
I don't see anything in the OBs around SDS about changing streams. I am guessing that you 'choose a stream' when you submit your application.
If I were you I would (re)submit a complete SDS application. Estimated processing times are out the window now, but I think that the priorities themselves remain.
Got it! Thanks. I have my medical appointment on Thursday. I'm planning on starting a new application by Monday. Thanks for the help :)

Vishwa1994

Jun 26, 2020
Why first week of June applicants not been updated with an AIP? What can we do if we don’t hear from IRCC soon ? Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: PravinDeo