abedelia

Star Member
Oct 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm a US citizen and resident and I've been offered a very short consulting job (a few days of work) by a Canadian government agency. Is this kind of thing possible for me to do? Do I need a visa? Can I get the visa myself (for such a short gig, it might not be worth it for the Canadian agency to take the time to do this for me).

Some other details that may or may not be relevant here:

1. I happen to be currently in Canada visiting my husband while in the process of applying outland for permanent resident status outland. So I'm not a resident of Canada and according to immigration, I don't "live" here. I am employed by a US organization that I work for full-time. They let me spend time in Canada visiting my husband and working remotely for them. I would do this work on the side.

2. It would be extremely high-level in terms of the expertise required--I have a PhD and it could be argued that there are few people in the world with my (otherwise very useless) knowledge about this obscure topic.

3. I have a Canadian social insurance number already (from when I worked on-campus in Canada as a student).

Many thanks for any information!