Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2015
AOR Received.
21-11-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
Hi ,

Could someone let me know if there are any consultants in Mississauga / GTA area who can help me / employer in getting a positive LMIA ?
and what would be the nominal fee for these charges ?

Enigma15

Feb 10, 2015
Hello everyone,
Do we have to apply for LMIA before apply for Express Entry or after Express Entry?
And what's the process for that?

vinodram

Feb 5, 2015
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottwa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LMIA needs to be given by an Employer, who is planning to Hire you and it’s not given by an other Consultants

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
LMIA is APPLIED for by the employer on behalf of the employee, trying to prove that they could not hire any Canadians / PRs for the given role and need this skilled foreigner. Government issues it IF approved after a pretty thorough examination.

In case of EE, you can certainly apply without LMIA. However, you obviously do not have a job offer and LMIA and hence do not get the additional 600 points.

As of current standing of EE draws if you do not get this score, you won't get ITA' until at least a few more draws till qualifying score gets low enough.

Once score is low enough and you qualify (means got ITA) then you register on job bank and start applying for jobs.

If you are able to secure a job, (while your PR process is advancing), the employer still has to apply for LMIA. However, presumably in that case getting LMIA would be simpler, won't cost any fee to employer since the person ultimately joining with be a PR, rather than a temp worker.

Ivan.Galv

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Any consultant's and lawyer's services for getting LMIA are illegal and have ban for 5 years from any immigration program punishment.
Only 1200 LMIAs were granted in 2014 year in Canada.

Every time LMIA is granted, there are absolutely no available Canadian workers for the job. It is the MUST HAVE requirement.
Lawyers do not create job market conditions with no available Canadian workers. Lawyers only can fake such situations for you because you pay them money, and faking is illegal.
Therefore, if you want LMIA:
1)be unique skilled worker
2)find an employer, who needs your unique skills

After this, you may ask a lawyer to help with documents. But never ask lawyer to find an employer for you.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Adding to that, it is lawyer in Canada who ensures employer files the LMIA correctly, so if you happen to find such an employer who needs your unique skills, then most likely the employer would always have engaged an immigration lawyer. So this is never the concern of applicant to FIND and pay lawyers.

Mack23

Feb 9, 2015
Nobody can guarantee that they will given a positive LMIA result. Even if your employer does hire an immigration firm to complete the application the final decision is down to a person in CIC and if they are having a good day or not. Even if you have 1200 points and an ITA its still down to a person to make that final decision.

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
The normal process when getting Lawyers/consultants involved with LMIA is that YOUR EMPLOYER MUST pay for their services! As they are working to get the LMIA for the employer NOT employee.

If a lawyer says he can get you an LMIA be very very suspect and dont pay any money until you have an LMIA approved job offer. Otherwise you might as well role down your window while driving and throw out your hard earned money

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am reading about LMIA from ages and i am sick of this bullshit canadian government. There are backstabbing everyone in terms of permanent residency. These people are making business and creating millions of dollars in terms of international student fees and taxes.

Why we should hire consultants? Consultants will ruin your case and coming to canada means you are giving your life saving, energy and future in the hands of these hypocrites. I dnt understand why PGWP holders need to apply LMIA why?

As far as unique skills are concerned, 2% of total without pr population have unique skills what about rest?day will come when they will turn this beautiful country into illegal immigrant population like USA. why dnt they stop immigration for those people who never live in canada but filling there cases from outside canada as they need skilled worker but those workers who have magnificent skills have to apply LMIA? EE sucks

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Well i think just because foreign students get degrees or whatever doesnt mean that they will get a job. The government are obviously pairing getting a job (LMIA supported) with PR for reasons only known to themselves but i suspect it has something to do with future economic outlook.

You could have 1000 people with sociology degrees but all competing for 1 or 2 jobs....so they are taking an axe to the problem instead of a scalpel.