+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Consulate General Requested Tax Assessment docs

mshah33

Sep 26, 2007
Hi,
I received letter from Canadian consulate general,sealltle stating they want "2004,2005 and 2006 complete income tax assessments certified or issued by US IRS". I have already submitted my all W2 forms from last three year. What else i need to send them ? Is Tax Transcript will serve the purpose ?

Thanks
Maulik

T

TaaDow

For whatever reason, they are investigating your income. The visa offices can request documents not found on the checklist if they feel further details are required for their investigation.

The reason they request completed tax assessments is because this will show exactly how much income you claimed to the government for those years. The other forms can all be filled in by the applicant or can be easily falsified, unlike the government tax assessments.

I would recomend providing exactly what has been requested if you wish to receive a positive decision without further delays.

Failure to provide the documents may result in a decision being made based on the materials they have already received, which may not be favorable if they are seeking more.

mshah33

Sep 26, 2007
Thanks for reply. But what kind of these documents. I generally receive W2 forms at the end of tax year which i have submitted. Besides does my Tax returns (copy of 1040 tax forms) will fullfil their request ?