+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Consulate general of Canada in New York MISSED MY MAIL! HELP

haoranlu

Sep 25, 2012
I'm kind of freaking out at this time. I sent all my original documents to Consulate general of Canada in New York including my passport, original i-20 form. It so so so so so important to me. It's almost about life and death.
USPS tried to delivery the mail on Monday Sep. 24th. The record is Notice Left (Business Closed)September 24, 2012, 5:27 pm. OMG. I called usps and they said only the canadian consulate can call and arrange redelivery. I called Canadian consulate, they just said usps will delivery again on Sep 25th.
BUT, usps didn't delivery on Sep 25th!!!!! I'm Freaking out!!!!!!
Who can help me. OMG. I don't know what i can do.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

haoranlu said:
I'm kind of freaking out at this time. I sent all my original documents to Consulate general of Canada in New York including my passport, original i-20 form. It so so so so so important to me. It's almost about life and death.
USPS tried to delivery the mail on Monday Sep. 24th. The record is Notice Left (Business Closed)September 24, 2012, 5:27 pm. OMG. I called usps and they said only the canadian consulate can call and arrange redelivery. I called Canadian consulate, they just said usps will delivery again on Sep 25th.
BUT, usps didn't delivery on Sep 25th!!!!! I'm Freaking out!!!!!!
Who can help me. OMG. I don't know what i can do.
Tell UPS to deliver during the day, why they tried to deliver after closing time is beyond me. The Consulate is not going to arrange for pick up I bet.

harshab85

Oct 8, 2012
Hi,

I am facing the same problem. USPS tried to deliver my application on a Saturday and they have the same message on their tracking system; 'Business closed. Unable to deliver'. How did your problem get resolved? Did the embassy do anything to pickup your application?

ananthbi

Nov 8, 2012
Hi,

I am having a similar problem right now. USPS tried to deliver my package today and since Canadian Consulate is closed on Saturday, they have left a note asking the Consulate folks to pick it up. I am not sure if they would do that? Can someone share their experiences as to what happened when the consulate was asked to pick up their package from usps?

Thanks!