+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conservative Victory The implications for Immigrants

A

adnan_hsn

Here we go; instead of Diane Finley we have Jason Kenney as the Immigration Minister in the new Canadian cabinet. That's something most weren't really expecting, and although this guy has A challenge to carry out the 'controversial' overhaul to the system and at the same time keep the goodwill he earned from the immigrant community in recent elections in Canada, I do hope that we get to hear something about the new rules without further delays. Jason – are you reading this message??

ghiaskhan

Prsonalities really don't matter. Its the governments policy only that defines their plan of action. Will they undo what ever was done by the previous minister?

Read the following

http://www.cicnews.com/2008/10/canadian-federal-election-results-conservatives-win-minority-government-10678.html

A

adnan_hsn

Undo? When did I say they should/will undo the changes? And was the point I was trying to make really about the personalities of Diane or Jason? No, I don’t think so!

Sometimes reading the post twice, or may be thrice helps get the idea of what the writer is implying. This forum has been created to give members a chance to provide some positive input and enlighten or assist other members with something that can be productive and useful to them, and that’s what I was trying to do. If I was here for nothing but just to satisfy my ego or lust to criticise others, then trust me I could think of better places than canadavisa.com

New Horison

Star Member
Sep 13, 2008
eduardoF said:
koushik704 said:
So, only 38 limited occupations skilled worker can apply now in FSW category. Other skilled workers will apply in the alternative programs. May i know when will the list come??
it's just as I was conjecturing in a different post. I very much doubt that the skilled worker program will be limited to the 38 occupations. what I think will happen is the 38 occupations will be fast-tracked, more or les in the same line as people with AOE, and people who are not in the 38 occupations can still apply as Skilled Worker, but will follow the normal procedure. again, that would be my bet, based on the experience of dealing with bureaucracies of three or four different countries.
I completely agree with the above because that way make fair for the applications before 27 February of 2008.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
I have had the opportunity to talk to Jason Kenney on 4 Different occasions,Prior to assuming this portfolio,He was Minister of Multiculturalism for over 2 years and He has served well in this capacity.He is very aware of the issues important to Canada s Minorities and because of this He will bring a lot more Cultural Sensitivity to this job.You can expect real action from him,Since He still keeps his old portfolio of Multiculturalism in addition to his new job.He is probably going to work to enhance Conservative gains among the different Cultural Communities by reforming Immigration Law to make politically Popular moves of bringing in more Skilled Labour and enhancing Family reunifiction.Dont forget He is from Alberta which has a very progressive Immigration policy.Jason Kenney will be a defenite improvement over Diane Finley

ghiaskhan

adnan_hsn said:
Undo? When did I say they should/will undo the changes? And was the point I was trying to make really about the personalities of Diane or Jason? No, I don't think so!

Sometimes reading the post twice, or may be thrice helps get the idea of what the writer is implying. This forum has been created to give members a chance to provide some positive input and enlighten or assist other members with something that can be productive and useful to them, and that's what I was trying to do. If I was here for nothing but just to satisfy my ego or lust to criticise others, then trust me I could think of better places than canadavisa.com
Please read what has been said, as advised by you 2 or 3 times. Our coments are not for an individual person unless addressed so, but for all readers.Be patient, polite and donot please jump on to immature conclusions.I feel mutual respect will rather be constructive. Try to appreciate other comments in responce, no one felt as if they were criticised.

Also read http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/profile-on-jason-kenney-the-new-immigration-minister-of-canada-t11655.0.html