+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conservative Senators vow to fight C-6

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
How many of you sent emails to, and called, PM, Minister John McCallum and your MP to support C-6? Not blaming, but guys these folks need to be pressurized.

Anyways Senate CON madar chods will come back on 27Sep(essentially October) and start amending this bill.

Never conservatives!!!

Calgaryapp1990

Apr 14, 2016
quasar81 said:
How many of you sent emails to, and called, PM, Minister John McCallum and your MP to support C-6? Not blaming, but guys these folks need to be pressurized.

Anyways Senate CON madar chods will come back on 27Sep(essentially October) and start amending this bill.

Never conservatives!!!
I had emailed Minister McCallum and each and every single CIC committee member before the first committee meeting. I received excellent responses from Jenny Kwan, Salma Zahid and Ali Ehsassi. Marwan Tabbara even mentioned me at the committee meeting. None of these MPs are from Calgary (where I reside). I received a very generic response from Michelle Rempel's secretary (who is from Calgary). It seemed auto generated. Extremely disappointed to see such a generic response from our city's own MP when other MPs from different provinces cared so much.

Apart from that I emailed all the senate members a couple of days ago.

I emailed each and everyone individually as opposed to just sending a mass email.

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgaryapp1990 said:
I had emailed Minister McCallum and each and every single CIC committee member before the first committee meeting. I received excellent responses from Jenny Kwan, Salma Zahid and Ali Ehsassi. Marwan Tabbara even mentioned me at the committee meeting. None of these MPs are from Calgary (where I reside). I received a very generic response from Michelle Rempel's secretary (who is from Calgary). It seemed auto generated. Extremely disappointed to see such a generic response from our city's own MP when other MPs from different provinces cared so much.

Apart from that I emailed all the senate members a couple of days ago.

I emailed each and everyone individually as opposed to just sending a mass email.
You will definitely never receive response from Conservatives for sure. For Senate committee, Conservatives have 7 of 11 members including chair.

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
As if Harper appointed CON Senator Duffy(convicted tax fraud and out of marriage child- "before" being hand picked by Harper for Senate) was not enough.

Check here what another of Harper's Hand picked, now suspended, CON senator is doing http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/10813524. Previously he was found in possession of cocaine and also did sexual assault. Wow CoNs Senators Wow.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
quasar81 said:
As if Harper appointed CON Senator Duffy(convicted tax fraud and out of marriage child- "before" being hand picked by Harper for Senate) was not enough.

Check here what another of Harper's Hand picked, now suspended, CON senator is doing http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/10813524. Previously he was found in possession of cocaine and also did sexual assault. Wow CoNs Senators Wow.
You know that Sen. Duffy was cleared of all charges, right?

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
torontosm said:
You know that Sen. Duffy was cleared of all charges, right?
Really. Check your facts.

Quote from wiki "Duffy had legal issues prior to the senate expense scandal. In 1990 he pleaded guilty to a charge of impaired driving. He also lost a Tax Court case over more than $27,000 he attempted to claim as business expenses."

For CONservative family values - Duffy fathered a child out of marriage, then denied he is father and then accepted he is father of a daughter with CONVICTED DRUG MULE who had served prison .

Didn't Harper see what kind of person he was appointing to one of highest Institutions in the country?
Maybe for CONs tax fraud, denying a child(with drug smuggler) out of marriage and other social frauds are a norm.
CONservative family values right into the Senate. Courtesy Harper.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
quasar81 said:
Really. Check your facts.

Quote from wiki "Duffy had legal issues prior to the senate expense scandal. In 1990 he pleaded guilty to a charge of impaired driving. He also lost a Tax Court case over more than $27,000 he attempted to claim as business expenses."

For CONservative family values - Duffy fathered a child out of marriage, then denied he is father and then accepted he is father of a daughter with CONVICTED DRUG MULE who had served prison .

Didn't Harper see what kind of person he was appointing to one of highest Institutions in the country?
Maybe for CONs tax fraud, denying a child(with drug smuggler) out of marriage and other social frauds are a norm.
CONservative family values right into the Senate. Courtesy Harper.
And all of this affects his ability to participate in the Senate how? Because your family values differ from his doesn't mean that he can't govern properly. MacCallum was thrown off an Air Canada flight for being drunk while Defence Minister...does that mean that he shouldn't be the Immigration Minister today? Are you judging Trudeau for appointing him in the role?

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
torontosm said:
And all of this affects his ability to participate in the Senate how? Because your family values differ from his doesn't mean that he can't govern properly. MacCallum was thrown off an Air Canada flight for being drunk while Defence Minister...does that mean that he shouldn't be the Immigration Minister today? Are you judging Trudeau for appointing him in the role?
Oh, from others, CoNs want tax returns for every year to become just ordinary citizens. But for tax fraud of $27000 CONs think it is okay to appoint them to one of highest offices(Senator) in the country.
Which tax law such senator vote on when he himself committed a tax fraud.

And don't tell me having a kid outside of wedding are aligned with Conservative family values. Not saying that such action is good or bad, but it just don't align with Conservative values the CONservative party thrives on. Again, no good or bad. Just hipocracy.

Double standards are intriguing.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
quasar81 said:
Oh, from others, CoNs want tax returns for every year to become just ordinary citizens. But for tax fraud of $27000 CONs think it is okay to appoint them to one of highest offices(Senator) in the country.

And don't tell me having a kid outside of wedding are aligned with Conservative family values. Not saying that such action is good or bad, but it just don't align with Conservative values the CONservative party thrives on. Again, no good or bad. Just hipocracy.

The request for tax returns is to prove residency, not to examine them again for fraud. The two things are completely different. Also, you are bringing up things from over 26 years ago...what happened to the Liberal values of rehabilitation and forgiveness? If the Liberals are so keen to have convicted terrorists remain in our country and walk around free without prejudice, then why not a senator who had an affair?

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
quasar81 said:

Out of curiosity, since you brought up double standards, how to you feel about the slew of expense related fraud cases that are plaguing the Liberals these days? Given that Sen. Duffy's contested expenses were only a fraction of what the Liberals seem to have done within their first year, are you willing to take back your words? Or are you as big of a hypocrite as you accused the Cons of being?