+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Consequences of Writing Memoir (Crime)

safarizone

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Just in case there is anyone familiar with the law, what are the consequences of publicly admitting to crimes (never charged) in other countries before being a PR? From what I have read, you can be held inadmissable forever if you admit this to an immigration officer.

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Just in case there is anyone familiar with the law, what are the consequences of publicly admitting to crimes (never charged) in other countries before being a PR? From what I have read, you can be held inadmissable forever if you admit this to an immigration officer.
Yes, you can be declared inadmissible for crimes committed even if you were not charged or convicted.

safarizone

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
But I presume anything done before the age of 18 doesn't count? Since it's based on the Canadian treatment of the crime, and you can't be tried as a minor.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But I presume anything done before the age of 18 doesn't count? Since it's based on the Canadian treatment of the crime, and you can't be tried as a minor.
I would not be that sure. The catch is it depends on the age and severity of what was committed (especially above certain age, when you become teenager or young adult). Also you can be persecuted even years after such crime happened (different countries have different grace time period and some serious crimes like for example murder may not have it at all).

safarizone

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Not revealing your HIV status and not taking steps to protect others can be a crime in Canada.
Okay, what if it's the opposite. Imagine that I was feeling passionate for a woman, but she did not inform me that she has herpes. Now, if I want to sponsor this woman, what if the IIRC ask me what I think of her? I would have to say "my future wife is inadmissable" or else I will be contemptible. Isn't it?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Okay, what if it's the opposite. Imagine that I was feeling passionate for a woman, but she did not inform me that she has herpes. Now, if I want to sponsor this woman, what if the IIRC ask me what I think of her? I would have to say "my future wife is inadmissable" or else I will be contemptible. Isn't it?
There seems to be some confusion between comitting a crime and your personal relationship. Don't think anyone on this forum wants the detail.