+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Consequence of Work Permit rejection

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
Guys, you know, sometimes when you apply for a Permit/Visa, you will be asked a question like "Have you ever been rejected entry (or rejected visa) or deported from any countries?" (not exact wording here, but you know what I mean)

I am wondering about Work Permit rejection. I have not yet received any rejection, but I would like to know just in case. Indeed, I am now applying for Switzerland Work Permit and I am non-EU, which means this can be difficult. If I was rejected this Work Permit, do I have to claim it every time I am asked that question?

It is important to know that Work Permit rejection in a lot of cases has nothing to do with the applicant, i.e. it is not applicant's fault. If I have to disclose it as a dirty spot in my personal history, I feel sad.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Guys, you know, sometimes when you apply for a Permit/Visa, you will be asked a question like "Have you ever been rejected entry (or rejected visa) or deported from any countries?" (not exact wording here, but you know what I mean)

I am wondering about Work Permit rejection. I have not yet received any rejection, but I would like to know just in case. Indeed, I am now applying for Switzerland Work Permit and I am non-EU, which means this can be difficult. If I was rejected this Work Permit, do I have to claim it every time I am asked that question?

It is important to know that Work Permit rejection in a lot of cases has nothing to do with the applicant, i.e. it is not applicant's fault. If I have to disclose it as a dirty spot in my personal history, I feel sad.
Yes, you would need to address that.
And it really doesn't affect your application.

I was rejected for a tourist visa from Singapore, mentioned that for my initial study permit application, was approved with no problems.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018

If you don't disclose it, and IRCC finds out, you might be banned for misrepresentation for 5 years.
It really doesn't matter, disclose it ;)

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
If you don't disclose it, and IRCC finds out, you might be banned for misrepresentation for 5 years.
It really doesn't matter, disclose it ;)
Then I have a follow-up question. For Canada, Work Permit application is submitted by the applicant. However, for EU countries, it is submitted by the company. So, in the case of EU Work Permit rejection (which is actually the company's application being rejected) but still it counts as my visa refusal??

I know, this kind of thing is complicated..........

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Then I have a follow-up question. For Canada, Work Permit application is submitted by the applicant. However, for EU countries, it is submitted by the company. So, in the case of EU Work Permit rejection (which is actually the company's application being rejected) but still it counts as my visa refusal??

If your name was on the visa, yes - list this as a refusal.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018

If it's your passport, it's your rejection.