+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Consent to Decision on Residency Obligation and Waiver of appeal Rights

Jessie21

Apr 16, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To relinquish my permanent resident status of Canada, I have to sign a document named "Consent to Decision on Residency Obligation and Waiver of appeal Rights Resulting in Loss of Status Under A46(1)(b)"

Along with my own signature, this document needs to be signed by a witness and a Minister's Delegate.

Dose this mean I should bring this document and a witness to see a Minister's Delegate and sign at the Canadian embassy office?

I need to submit all this signed documents within 28 days now, pls help me out!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The visa officer is the Minsters delegate and will likely also be the witness or they could get another staff member to act as the witness but sure go with someone to the visa post to cover all angles. Have they actually given you an appointment?

Jessie21

Apr 16, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
The visa officer is the Minsters delegate and will likely also be the witness or they could get another staff member to act as the witness but sure go with someone to the visa post to cover all angles. Have they actually given you an appointment?
No, they didn't mention anything about the appointment. That's the problem. Do you think I should go to the visa office in person to make an appointment?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apply for a TD it will save you the hassle of dealing with relinquishment appointments since you don't know when this would be available.