+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

consecutive internship for a year during undergrad

shsdjf

Star Member
Jul 5, 2021
hello, I plan on doing 2 consecutive internships, about 8 months, in my second year, my university counts it as being enrolled as full-time student. this not arranged by the university but they encourage it.

I had to do consecutive internships as my intake is winter and most 2nd year classes are taught in fall or winter and not summer

My question is does ircc consider it as me working full-time on my study permit, affect my pgwp.

I know about co-op work permit but don't know about how it applies to students.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hello, I plan on doing 2 consecutive internships, about 8 months, in my second year, my university counts it as being enrolled as full-time student. this not arranged by the university but they encourage it.

I had to do consecutive internships as my intake is winter and most 2nd year classes are taught in fall or winter and not summer

My question is does ircc consider it as me working full-time on my study permit, affect my pgwp.

I know about co-op work permit but don't know about how it applies to students.
It's hard to answer this question based on the information you've provided.

Are the internships mandatory to complete your degree?

shsdjf

Star Member
Jul 5, 2021
It's hard to answer this question based on the information you've provided.

Are the internships mandatory to complete your degree?
Not really, I'm doing a bachelor's in computer science. But the university recognises that as being enrolled for a semester since it is aligned with the course. Software internships, to be exact.they asked me to look for internship If i don't want to participate in co-op.

There is also way to get degree without co-op, but I want to get some experience.