+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Connecting Flights to Canada from India

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
What is the situation right now with connecting flights from India. Like Turkish Airlines via Istanbul or Qatar Airways via Doha? They are much cheaper but do people face problems at the connecting airports?

I was told by makemytrip that you may not be allowed to board from connecting airports but i read some people were able to go.

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
Just checked to realize the air bubble still exists. People will be denied boarding if they try connecting flights.

jithinjohn323

Jul 12, 2020
Just checked to realize the air bubble still exists. People will be denied boarding if they try connecting flights.
There is no problem . You can travel through doha , frankfurt . Just check if there is transit issues like mandatory quarantine for connecting flights in some places

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
There is no problem . You can travel through doha , frankfurt . Just check if there is transit issues like mandatory quarantine for connecting flights in some places
How sure are you about this? Anyone travelled through India like this? Because the government just extended the international flight ban and only countries with a travel bubble agreement with India are allowed. Hence only direct flights. I just read it and even the travel agency said the same.

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
Because yes id love to do that. Connecting flights are almost 30k cheaper. Also if they arent allowed why are they shown on travel websites. For other nationals?

jithinjohn323

Jul 12, 2020
Because yes id love to do that. Connecting flights are almost 30k cheaper. Also if they arent allowed why are they shown on travel websites. For other nationals?
Just call the concern airlines and ask them directly . Also here are also many threads about connection flights from india check that . My friends travelled via qatar airways last week , there was no problem for them

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
Even though the thread cites successful anecdotes from people who successfully went through connecting flights, all travel agents and websites and articles point out that due to travel bubble restrictions, Indian passport holders cannot go via any connecting airports.

Considering it's cool with connecting airports, qatar and germany seems like a safe option right?

Last edited:

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
Cheapest right now is Turkish airlines so ill call them and ask

jithinjohn323

Jul 12, 2020
Even though the thread cites successful anecdotes from people who successfully went through connecting flights, all travel agents and websites and articles point out that due to travel bubble restrictions, Indian passport holders cannot go via any connecting airports.

Considering it's cool with connecting airports, qatar and germany seems like a safe option right?
I didn't hear any problems via doha and frankfurt . So it's safe until they implement any new rules for connection

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
I didn't hear any problems via doha and frankfurt . So it's safe until they implement any new rules for connection
On Indian Civil Aviation Ministry website, it's written you won't be allowed on Connecting flights via Germany and Qatar unless you are either a Canadian PR or Citizen or a relative of one.

However, so many have traveled. Some were also denied entry. Hence it is very confusing and risky.

jithinjohn323

Jul 12, 2020
On Indian Civil Aviation Ministry website, it's written you won't be allowed on Connecting flights via Germany and Qatar unless you are either a Canadian PR or Citizen or a relative of one.

However, so many have traveled. Some were also denied entry. Hence it is very confusing and risky.
check dm

Ypatel

Jun 24, 2014
Hello, Quick Question.
I am PR holder of Canada and have Flight on 10th jun 2021 from AMD to DOHA and have 3 hour connecting light from DOHA to Toronto. does anyone travelled recently from DOHA? how do i get COVID test report in 3 Hour in DOHA as according to canada it's rues that need COVID report from connecting country? does anyone travelled recently from DOHA to Toronto please share me experience. Thanks

CoderGeek

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
Hello, Quick Question.
I am PR holder of Canada and have Flight on 10th jun 2021 from AMD to DOHA and have 3 hour connecting light from DOHA to Toronto. does anyone travelled recently from DOHA? how do i get COVID test report in 3 Hour in DOHA as according to canada it's rues that need COVID report from connecting country? does anyone travelled recently from DOHA to Toronto please share me experience. Thanks
Doha Hamad airport had given option of Testing during Transit but it has been stopped as far as I know. You can call up your airlines to confirm the same.

Ypatel

Jun 24, 2014
Doha Hamad airport had given option of Testing during Transit but it has been stopped as far as I know. You can call up your airlines to confirm the same.
i have called airline and they don't telling me correct answer, just telling me that they are not sure.