+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjunal Partner PR info

SukhmaniKaur23

Apr 14, 2020
Hello,

I am a Canadian PR holder and my partner is back home currently and does not have PR yet.

Due to Covid restrictions, my wedding has been delayed and I cannot even travel to my country to get married anytime soon.

Since my partner and I never lived together, so I cannot apply for common law partner PR, however I want to inquire about conjunal partner sponsorship. Can someone please guide me on that? Or is there a way for online wedding and if CIC accepts that?

We have been together for more than 5 years now and engaged for 4 months now. Any suggestions would be valuable.

Much thanks.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I am a Canadian PR holder and my partner is back home currently and does not have PR yet.

Due to Covid restrictions, my wedding has been delayed and I cannot even travel to my country to get married anytime soon.

Since my partner and I never lived together, so I cannot apply for common law partner PR, however I want to inquire about conjunal partner sponsorship. Can someone please guide me on that? Or is there a way for online wedding and if CIC accepts that?

We have been together for more than 5 years now and engaged for 4 months now. Any suggestions would be valuable.

Much thanks.
Proxy marriages aren’t allowed. You don’t qualify for conjugal. You'll need yo wait until flights resume to get married.