Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 22, 2017, Guidance Counseling Program Seminar March 3, 2017
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
Hello,

I am so blessed i found this website, i hope i can get serious advice coming from someone who experience the same situation. I'm a male Canadian citizen by birth, I'm from Ontario, a retired pensioner but i am still employed for 7-8 years now, no criminal records and not filed bankruptcy, not sponsored anyone in the past. I met my Filipina transgender partner in an online dating site last Jan 2014 to be exact, since then, i really wanted her to become my wife and hopefully bring here in Canada as fast as possible. We decided to make the relationship official as Jan of 2014.

And just last Jan 2015 i decided to visit her for the first time and I stayed at her home for 2 months. I was right about her that she is the woman of my dreams and i love her so much. We did get married through Holy union on the same month. Philippines do not have same sex marriage and the best thing we can do is to tie the knot in front of her parents.

I would like her to come here to visit me for 6 weeks. She haven't tried to apply in Canada or in any other country. I know that the word "fiance" is red flag to CIC. As for me she is married to me via holy union and i would like her to come here as my conjugal partner. I just have to prove it.

Here's the complete list of what we have prepared:

-all the required trv immigration forms
-my notarized invitation letter stating that i will support her (food, house, etc)
-letter of intent, travel itinerary plans explaining places i would like to show her
-affidavit of no marriage stating i am single and i never got married here in Canada
-my certificate of employment
-my last 4 years T4 and income tax returns
-my pension income
-copy of my birth cert and my passport
-a land property in Florida (both our names are listed on the land deed in which i bought before i see her the first time)
-we have both traveled abroad for the first time and kept all the boarding pass.
-we have email and chat conversation through Skype
-we have taken so many pictures together and with her family and friends
-Forex cargo proofs (parcels) that i sent her
-money transfer records that i sent her
-all her mails that she sent me stamped by post office
-joint bank account in her country (bank certificate)
-all rental and purchase receipts
-insurance policy stating that she is my beneficiary
-my last will and testament
-my power of attorney
-my health will
-notarized affidavit coming from our family and friends attesting the relationship and the plan of visiting in Canada
-certificates of marriage counselling coming from parish minister and psychologist
-certificate coming from our chosen charity in the Philippines

As for her she has the following:

-cover letter
-her passport and all travel history (she haven't traveled to USA or Europe)
-her house and lot under her name. (she bought it before we met)
-we bought a motorcycle under our name
-her previous and present employment certificate
-her leave of absence for 6 weeks
-her income tax returns and property tax
-her school records
-her business registration (she is a sole proprietor of her newly open business)
-her power of attorney stating that she allowed me to manage and own the half of the business
-her last will and testament
-her health will
-her own bank account with substantial amount of money
-her social security contribution
-airline reservation
-travel insurance
-police reports stating no criminal offence
-undergo medical examination
-affidavit from her parents stating aware about the relationship and willing to fund her in case needed
-her parents bank statement

She has no intention of overstay or apply for an inland petition. Once she is granted, id like to marry her here then she comes back to her country and then we will apply for an outland petition. IN DEC 2015 i will come back again in the Philippines regardless whether she will be approved or not.

Your honest opinion matters to me. If you think we are not qualify for TRV please let me know or if you have any more suggestions?

Some people say i need to apply TRV some says i can apply for permanent resident. Which is applicable? do you think its too early to apply for outland petition without trying trv? thank you so much.

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
The following links may be useful:

Conditional Permanent Residence:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2012/2012-10-26a.asp

This is the Philippines specific sponsorship link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3905e.pdf

Sponsorship Application page:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Hopefully someone will provide further advice.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
June 14, 2017 Canada Embassy Manila
Med's Done....
April 15, 2016 Upfront Medical
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
arowberry said:
The following links may be useful:

Conditional Permanent Residence:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2012/2012-10-26a.asp

This is the Philippines specific sponsorship link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3905e.pdf

Sponsorship Application page:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Hopefully someone will provide further advice.

Thank you for your reply however please note that i have all the immigration application forms and i have read all the cic website myself.

My question is, will cic see my partner as my conjugal partner with all the above evidence or is it still premature to apply for trv since i just visited her once? Do i need to come in her country twice before considering trv? please note that i am applying for TRV. Do i miss anything so far in our trv application?
in case yes, please elaborate your answer.

My plan is if she got denied then there is a strong immigration barrier then i can apply for permanent residence for her.

thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you want the TRV to be approved, then the most important thing is for her to show very strong ties to her home country to prove she has no plans on remaining in Canada long term. It is a very bad idea to include too much evidence about your relationship. The move evidence about your relationship you include, the higher the chances are that CIC may be concerned she has plans to stay here long term and refuse her visa.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
scylla said:
If you want the TRV to be approved, then the most important thing is for her to show very strong ties to her home country to prove she has no plans on remaining in Canada long term. It is a very bad idea to include too much evidence about your relationship. The move evidence about your relationship you include, the higher the chances are that CIC may be concerned she has plans to stay here long term and refuse her visa.

thanks scylla, so what are you suggesting? what are the things i should eliminate on the above requirements? so you are saying that i dont need to prove that we are in a conjugal relationship?

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
i hope i can get as many inputs or opinions as possible, thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would include the invitation letter, proof you have enough money in your account to support her trip (assuming you are the one who is going to be paying for her trip) - and drop the rest of the conjugal evidence. Again, she needs to focus on providing as much evidence as possible that she has strong ties to her home country.

FYI - If you want people here to help you then you will have to learn to be patient and not expect immediate answers. Sometimes it may take hours or even days for the right person to read your post and respond. If this is no fast enough for you - then you should hire an immigration lawyer or consultant to assist you.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
scylla said:
I would include the invitation letter, proof you have enough money in your account to support her trip (assuming you are the one who is going to be paying for her trip) - and drop the rest of the conjugal evidence. Again, she needs to focus on providing as much evidence as possible that she has strong ties to her home country.

FYI - If you want people here to help you then you will have to learn to be patient and not expect immediate answers. Sometimes it may take hours or even days for the right person to read your post and respond. If this is no fast enough for you - then you should hire an immigration lawyer or consultant to assist you.

Great explanation. Makes sense at all. I can include more evidence of our relation if CIC will ask for it , is that right? otherwise should save it for pr application. Correct?

Thats ok i dont have plans to hire an immigration lawyer yet. Ive heard horrible stories that some want is my hard earned money. I might consider it for pr application but not trv. Ive heard some great stories about conjugal partners applying for trv and its successful. I wonder if that can be possible in my case

Anyway im here to learn and listen to other peoples opinion. Some people say that i should try outland pr application then apply for trv. Some says i should try to live in the philippines for a year to establish common law, some says go to other country to get married.

I heard that regardless of spousal, common law or conjugal, cic will see all of these equally. All matter is evidence and her strong ties to her own country.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's impossible for me to say whether the TRV will be approved or not.

As for your other questions relating to PR - they should be asked in your other thread in the Family Sponsorship section of the forum.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
scylla said:
It's impossible for me to say whether the TRV will be approved or not.

As for your other questions relating to PR - they should be asked in your other thread in the Family Sponsorship section of the forum.

can i include, my invitation letter, itinerary plans of places would like to visit, copy of my birth cert and passport, certification of employment, proof of funds and T4.

And the rest will be in my partners document proving her ties to her home country. is that it???

On my invitation letter, what would be the right term to use? she is not a fiance or gf because we got holy union and in fact i know in my heart she is my wife. i know the word fiance is a red flag so i dont want to use it, can i say my conjugal partner?

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
is there any one who is kind enough to tell me what are the things i can say or not say in my invitation letter?

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...