File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That answer was really helpful. I just ha the same question in my head.

may you please elaborate little bit more on my express entry side?

a) If i go on TRV, will i be able to work part-time? so that i can count that as a Canadian work experience and continue my Express entry PR application?
b) I need to stay for one year to become the common law partner, may i work there during this time as well?
c) what will happen if i receive ITA during the 12 months when i am living with my boyfriend?
a) No. A TRV only allows you to visit Canada as a tourist.
b) See above. A TRV only allows you to come to Canada as a tourist. If you want to work here, you need a job offer from an employer in Canada and that employer will need to obtain an approved LMIA so that you can apply for a closed work permit.
c) You would go through the same process in applying as you would outside of Canada.

Reactions: Alcord

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Divorce needs to be finalized before they can marry. Otherwise Canada won't recognize the marriage.
Yes, I agree, my point is that I don't see any grounds for considering the lack of a divorce here to be an impediment - indeed, he has a divorce underway. "I can't get married because I'm married to someone else" is not an impediment if there's no (strong) barrier to getting divorced. There may be circumstances in which one could claim that there is no way to do so but no evidence of such here.

Faraz Khan

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
a) No. A TRV only allows you to visit Canada as a tourist.
b) See above. A TRV only allows you to come to Canada as a tourist. If you want to work here, you need a job offer from an employer in Canada and that employer will need to obtain an approved LMIA so that you can apply for a closed work permit.
c) You would go through the same process in applying as you would outside of Canada.
Hi scylla, I’ve also applied under conjugal class probably you know that by my name. Seems like I’ll be a complete refusal as I never applied for TRV because I thought it would be misrepresentation if I come and marry her on a visitor visa. However I tried to marry her in the third country but never succeeded. Got refusal four times in four different countries except Canada.
What should I do now in this situation when my file started processing in NDVO November 22.

Thank you I need a working advice.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I guess I’m ignored from everyone. If anyone could help me with my current situation.
No one can help you. You've applied for conjugal while knowing you are likely to be refused, and you're posting on someone else's thread asking unrelated questions.

You can withdraw your PR application and attempt to apply for a TRV to see if you have an immigration barrier, or you can continue with it to see if the visa officer somehow grants you your application.

Reactions: Faraz Khan

Faraz Khan

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
No one can help you. You've applied for conjugal while knowing you are likely to be refused, and you're posting on someone else's thread asking unrelated questions.

You can withdraw your PR application and attempt to apply for a TRV to see if you have an immigration barrier, or you can continue with it to see if the visa officer somehow grants you your application.
Thank you and I’m sorry for asking questions on someone’s thread.

Alcord

Feb 14, 2020
You can't get married until the divorce is finalized. However you can come here and live together for a full year to become common law.

You can also live together for a full year to become common law.
Hi, I am applying for a TRV now. However, little bit confused as this is asking for:

1) What would you like to do in Canada?
a) Study
b) Visit
c) Move there
d) work
e) Transit
f) IEC_Travel and work

2) How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
a) Temporarily -Less than 6 months
b) Temporarily - More than 6 months
c) permanently

may you suggest which options should i select here?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I am applying for a TRV now. However, little bit confused as this is asking for:

1) What would you like to do in Canada?
a) Study
b) Visit
c) Move there
d) work
e) Transit
f) IEC_Travel and work

2) How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
a) Temporarily -Less than 6 months
b) Temporarily - More than 6 months
c) permanently

may you suggest which options should i select here?
Post in the visitor section.

Alcord

Feb 14, 2020
Relationship to me?

Should i write "A close friend" or " Boyfriend"
1) I was going through the other threads and found that we must give as much information as we can and honest.
I am writing, " To visit a close friend" is this sufficient?

2)
Additionally, TRV form is asking for a "Proof of Relationship (required) " which should be

"You must provide proof of your relationship with your host or family member. This can include:"
I wont have any of these documents in my case, what should i do?

Please help

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
2) Additionally, TRV form is asking for a "Proof of Relationship (required) " which should be

"You must provide proof of your relationship with your host or family member. This can include:"
It says 'can include the example documents, not must include.' The documents are obvious if e.g. visiting a family member where parental relationship is clear, for example.

If not, provide whatever you can. For TRV, not unusual to just get a letter from the host.

I will not pretend to claim what type of relationship is best to put if you're considering conjugal / getting married.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
1) I was going through the other threads and found that we must give as much information as we can and honest.
I am writing, " To visit a close friend" is this sufficient?

2)
Additionally, TRV form is asking for a "Proof of Relationship (required) " which should be

Please help
It asks for this if you say you are visiting family or friends.

azzazza

Feb 27, 2024
Can anyone tell if this is a conjugal case?

I am a transmale and a canadian citizen. I have overseas girlfreind for past three years. I went there to get married but my in laws have forced the gf to leave me three days after she was with me. We did try to get married but according the the laws of the country where she lives it is not possible to marry trans. So the marriage ceremony happened but later the marriage document was taken from us and we were separated forcefully. Now she is forced to get married someone else.

Can we ask IRCC for conjugal PR and can they do it asap?
Should I get a TRV instead? What are my chances of approval?