+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal Sponsorship

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello future readers of this thread,

I applied under Conjugal Sponsorship and my partner got his passport request.

We are an LGBTQ+ that weren't able to live together because we were both living in countries that gay couple are not accepted (Turkey and Russia).

I was a refugee in Turkey and came to Canada in 2018 as a PR.

We only applied for visa once and got declined, i also applied for one year window program and got declined as well.

I'm not saying people gave me the wrong advice, but i went with my gut and all worked well.

Good luck to future LGBTQ+ people who want to apply under Conjugal Sponsorship program. And don't listen to people saying it won't get accepted.

Timeline as below:

Just got PPR

Application Received: March 8th
AOR1: April 7th
Sponsor Approval: April 25th
Medical Request: April 26th
Biometrics Request: May 1st
Medical Passed: May 4th
File Transferred to Warsaw: May 13th
AOR2: June 7th
eCAS shows 'We started processing your application...': September 5th
Ghost Update : November 27th
Decision Made/Pre-arrival letter : November 27th
PPR : December 2
Visa Ready: TBD
Arrival : TBD
I’m not really surprised your conjugal application was approved , but that you’d go ahead and sponsor someone after only meeting them two time’s for a total
of 20 days
Good luck

Reactions: canuck78

Ramin F

Jan 28, 2019
Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
File Transfer...
13-05-2019
Med's Request
26-04-2019
Med's Done....
04-05-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2019
LANDED..........
25-12-2019
I’m not really surprised your conjugal application was approved , but that you’d go ahead and sponsor someone after only meeting them two time’s for a total
of 20 days
Good luck
Its a personal matter and you don't have to do what i did. We actually met couple of times more on trips we arranged.

Keep the judgment to yourself.

Thank you.

Ramin F

Jan 28, 2019
Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
File Transfer...
13-05-2019
Med's Request
26-04-2019
Med's Done....
04-05-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2019
LANDED..........
25-12-2019

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Its a personal matter and you don't have to do what i did. We actually met couple of times more on trips we arranged.

Thank you.
There’s no judgement. It’s a public forum , you’re free to post your situation, and others can post their opinions. It’s a free society , the free society you elected to immigrate too and sponsor your spouse too as well . And that is why you wanted to come to Canada , the freedom to live your life . I’m free to post my opinion. You can’t expect to enjoy the freedoms Canada gives , and expect others to keep their mouths shut . Can’t have your cake and eat it to. I’d have said the same thing if it was a heterosexual relationship- touché

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thank you.
I was surprised as well given only 2 visits and 20 days and encouraged you to visit more in person in my previous post. It is hard for people to give accurate advice if you are not honest about how many times you have met and for how long. Other couples may look at your post as think they only need to meet twice for under 20 days and will get approved as well.

Reactions: Qwertypod

Ramin F

Jan 28, 2019
Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
File Transfer...
13-05-2019
Med's Request
26-04-2019
Med's Done....
04-05-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2019
LANDED..........
25-12-2019
There’s no judgement. It’s a public forum , you’re free to post your situation, and others can post their opinions. It’s a free society , the free society you elected to immigrate too and sponsor your spouse too as well . And that is why you wanted to come to Canada , the freedom to live your life . I’m free to post my opinion. You can’t expect to enjoy the freedoms Canada gives , and expect others to keep their mouths shut . Can’t have your cake and eat it to. I’d have said the same thing if it was a heterosexual relationship- touché
You do have the freedom to express what you want but not when it comes to a personal matter. You directly said good luck for sponsoring someone you only saw for 20 days which came across judgmental. That has nothing to do with immigration and the process so it can't actually help someone. So thank you, but you are not helping.

Last edited:

Ramin F

Jan 28, 2019
Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
File Transfer...
13-05-2019
Med's Request
26-04-2019
Med's Done....
04-05-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2019
LANDED..........
25-12-2019
I was surprised as well given only 2 visits and 20 days and encouraged you to visit more in person in my previous post. It is hard for people to give accurate advice if you are not honest about how many times you have met and for how long. Other couples may look at your post as think they only need to meet twice for under 20 days and will get approved as well.
We arranged to meet while our application was in process. There are no inaccurate information, our application was still approved based on the 20 days that we could see each other. It was not in our hands to make it this way, heck i wished i could be with my partner for 20 years, but duo to the barriers we had we couldn't and that is why our application got approved.

Conjugal Sponsorship can be approved even if you never had a chance to see someone in person, but there has to be a reason for that. Like religion or sexual orientation.

I advice people who are reading this not to base their decision to what people say here.

Please visit legit.ca if you are an LGBTQ+ person and contact them for getting accurate advice.

Thank you

Ramin F

Jan 28, 2019
Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
File Transfer...
13-05-2019
Med's Request
26-04-2019
Med's Done....
04-05-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2019
LANDED..........
25-12-2019
Again,The purpose to this thread is to show, you can get wrong or misleading information easily from people here.

Please seek professionals to guide you through your process.

All that matters is ultimately the officers are the ones to convey and not people here.

So, please do not write regarding whether you are surprised or it's a bad idea.

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We arranged to meet while our application was in process. There are no inaccurate information, our application was still approved based on the 20 days that we could see each other. It was not in our hands to make it this way, heck i wished i could be with my partner for 20 years, but duo to the barriers we had we couldn't and that is why our application got approved.

Conjugal Sponsorship can be approved even if you never had a chance to see someone in person, but there has to be a reason for that. Like religion or sexual orientation.

I advice people who are reading this not to base their decision to what people say here.

Please visit legit.ca if you are an LGBTQ+ person and contact them for getting accurate advice.

Thank you
The fact that you visited each other during the sponsorship process did actually help and does make a 3rd visit. Also what I recommended. You said a couple more times so it does seem there may be other times that you met. For all couples whether they are same sex or not only 2 meetings and 20 days is a very short time to base approvals so people should increase visits even if it is after submitting the sponsorship. It is great that you got approved but others should plan on more time in person if at all possible to ensure they also get approved.

Reactions: Ramin F

Ramin F

Jan 28, 2019
Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
File Transfer...
13-05-2019
Med's Request
26-04-2019
Med's Done....
04-05-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2019
LANDED..........
25-12-2019
The fact that you visited each other during the sponsorship process did actually help and does make a 3rd visit. Also what I recommended. You said a couple more times so it does seem there may be other times that you met. For all couples whether they are same sex or not only 2 meetings and 20 days is a very short time to base approvals so people should increase visits even if it is after submitting the sponsorship. It is great that you got approved but others should plan on more time in person if at all possible to ensure they also get approved.
Not everyone can.

We put our safety at risk by visiting each other in an unsafe country for LGBTQ+ people.

The third time we visited was actually not reported to IRCC as it was recent.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not everyone can.

We put our safety at risk by visiting each other in an unsafe country for LGBTQ+ people.

The third time we visited was actually not reported to IRCC as it was recent.
You got extremely lucky. I don’t think you appreciate how unusual your situation is not to have even gotten an interview request and an approval so soon.

Ramin F

Jan 28, 2019
Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
File Transfer...
13-05-2019
Med's Request
26-04-2019
Med's Done....
04-05-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2019
LANDED..........
25-12-2019
You got extremely lucky. I don’t think you appreciate how unusual your situation is not to have even gotten an interview request and an approval so soon.
Its not based on luck.

When people actually have barriers the IRCC understands and considers all the facts.

I'm happy to reply to what you're saying as it will help others in similar circumstances.

Yes, our case is unusual, but there are people in this circumstances and i hope this thread helps them to take better path and do more research rather then listening to others or even me.

ritod101

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
Its not based on luck.

When people actually have barriers the IRCC understands and considers all the facts.

I'm happy to reply to what you're saying as it will help others in similar circumstances.

Yes, our case is unusual, but there are people in this circumstances and i hope this thread helps them to take better path and do more research rather then listening to others or even me.
Hi, I know this is old. But first of all, congrats. I am in a similar situation and will like to ask if you had any joint accounts or joint insurance policies with your partner. Thanks

Ramin F

Jan 28, 2019
Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
File Transfer...
13-05-2019
Med's Request
26-04-2019
Med's Done....
04-05-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2019
LANDED..........
25-12-2019
Hi, I know this is old. But first of all, congrats. I am in a similar situation and will like to ask if you had any joint accounts or joint insurance policies with your partner. Thanks
Thank you, and no we didn't have a joint account nor anything like that.

Hope this helps :) and good luck