+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal Sponsorship and COVID-19

Jxbber

Mar 24, 2020
My girlfriend and I had plans on getting married this month but due to travel bans, those plans were forced to be put on hold. I was hoping that since the border between Canada and the U.S. likely won't reopen to nonessential travel anytime soon, as the coronavirus outbreak continues to spread, would this be enough of a reason to be able to apply for conjugal sponsorship? There are reports saying that things won't go back to normal until September but of course everything is uncertain.

We were trying to do this process as soon as possible. Before the outbreak we were ready to do spousal sponsorship but that doesn't seem to be the quickest option anymore.

Also, for my sponsor, is there any other documentation she can use for proof of employment/source of income besides a letter from an employer?

Thank you and stay safe.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My girlfriend and I had plans on getting married this month but due to travel bans, those plans were forced to be put on hold. I was hoping that since the border between Canada and the U.S. likely won't reopen to nonessential travel anytime soon, as the coronavirus outbreak continues to spread, would this be enough of a reason to be able to apply for conjugal sponsorship? There are reports saying that things won't go back to normal until September but of course everything is uncertain.

We were trying to do this process as soon as possible. Before the outbreak we were ready to do spousal sponsorship but that doesn't seem to be the quickest option anymore.

Also, for my sponsor, is there any other documentation she can use for proof of employment/source of income besides a letter from an employer?

Thank you and stay safe.
IRCC has announced a number of exception due to COVID-19. This is not one of them. I would personally not apply under conjugal given IRCC has not announced an exception. September is not that far away and you would be better off getting married and submitting a proper application then, rather than submitting conjugal now and waiting 1+ years only to have it refused.

Proof of employment evidence can also be: tax returns, pay slips.

Jxbber

Mar 24, 2020
IRCC has announced a number of exception due to COVID-19. This is not one of them. I would personally not apply under conjugal given IRCC has not announced an exception. September is not that far away and you would be better off getting married and submitting a proper application then, rather than submitting conjugal now and waiting 1+ years only to have it refused.

Proof of employment evidence can also be: tax returns, pay slips.
Seems like waiting would be the best chance at our application being approved. Thank you for your help with my situation!