+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal relationship

Deens

Aug 22, 2020
Hi. I'm a PR. I'm in a relationship for years. I could not marry him because he is a Muslim and I am a Christian. Even though the Indian govt allows inter religion marriages, the society is still filled with hatred towards this kind of marriages.A lot of couples have been killed because of inter caste and inter religion marriage.If we get married in India without our parents approval, definitely our parents will separate us by blackmailing and by violence.we had gone out a few times secretly and I have some photos of us together.we have gifts that we exchanged. Chats and call logs.i know this is not enough but what are the other things I can add?or is there any other way?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi. I'm a PR. I'm in a relationship for years. I could not marry him because he is a Muslim and I am a Christian. Even though the Indian govt allows inter religion marriages, the society is still filled with hatred towards this kind of marriages.A lot of couples have been killed because of inter caste and inter religion marriage.If we get married in India without our parents approval, definitely our parents will separate us by blackmailing and by violence.we had gone out a few times secretly and I have some photos of us together.we have gifts that we exchanged. Chats and call logs.i know this is not enough but what are the other things I can add?or is there any other way?
To prove you are in a conjugal relationship, you must show there are immigration barriers preventing you from getting married or becoming common law. Generally speaking, parent disapproval is not accepted as a reason for not being able to get married. IRCC may not agree that you have grounds for conjugal based on this.

Has he applied for a TRV to come to Canada so that you can get married here or live together for a year to become common law? If not, you need to do that.

Have you explored getting married in other countries instead of India?

For conjugal to be successful, you would also need to show that you have a marriage like relationship. This would include showing that you've taken trips to visit each other, combined your financials to some degree (e.g. have shared property or joint bank accounts or something like that).

Reactions: Deens

Deens

Aug 22, 2020
No, he haven't applied for TRV. Can I marry him in Canada if he gets TRV? Is that legal? If so, what's the next step? Thank you for replying ❤

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
No, he haven't applied for TRV. Can I marry him in Canada if he gets TRV? Is that legal? If so, what's the next step? Thank you for replying ❤
Yes, getting married in Canada is legal for visitors. Get visa, get documents, come to Canada, go to city hall, get married.

If neither of you have been married before usually just two pieces of ID. Check with city hall in advance.

Getting the visa is the hardest part of this.

Deens

Aug 22, 2020
It is hard! But I want him to be with me. If we get married in canada, what is the next step to change his visitor status?can he apply for PR while he is on TRV? Thank you so much for your reply❤

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It is hard! But I want him to be with me. If we get married in canada, what is the next step to change his visitor status?can he apply for PR while he is on TRV? Thank you so much for your reply❤
Yes, can apply for spousal sponsorship while on TRV. Look through here on on govt of canada website, this process generally called inland application. Advantage of this is it does (basically) extend that person's status to remain in Canada.

I don't wish to get you down, but getting TRV is not always easy. Start with that process and work from there. If that does not work, you may need to look at alternatives such as outland process - downside of which is being separated during the lengthy process.

Deens

Aug 22, 2020
I had no idea about this. Now I know where to start:).Thank you so much for answering my questions❤