+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal Relationship..

B

boyee6576

I remember my husband and I sitting in a hotel room in Delhi just a day or so before I was to catch my flight home. I would cry and he would hold me and say we have to fight and just know that we will be together no one can keep us apart forever its for short time only. And he would cry and I would do the same for him. The drive to the airport was the most dreaded thing. Walking into the airport without him and watching him stand there looking at me as if he had lost everything was a killer. We were totally heart broken. Its very hard to have a relationship so far apart. You have to be strong minded since you dont see each other more than maybe once every other year. You have to have strong strong trust between you. We talk every day and as often through the day as we can. I am an amature writer and he his an up and coming director. We work on scripts together and have done a short film also. We do whatever we can to try and be a "normal" huband and wife. At this point I am not even sure what that is LOL. We just keep telling ourselves its just a matter of time now and we will be together. If its another 6 months thats ok, we want it to be sooner but after what we have had to go through for the past 7 years this is nothing. Atleast we know hes getting the visa. woohoo!!

mamipapi

Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I haven't been here for quite some time now... I can't even remember writing all those posts that I did... :(

But what I remember now was all those pains that I had felt..but now they're almost gone.

thanks to my husband that's always supportive of my feelings. He'll be here again next year january.

But he had also visited the philippines this year of january , too.

I'm now working as a trainer in a Korean company where I live. Where we had bought the house, wherein the IO asked why I wasn't living in. :D

But now that I am here, I had acquired a job and now I'm liking my stay here.

We are on appeal. Cause my husband can't give up just yet. He still wanted for me to experience how is it living in his country.

I told him many times that it doesn't matter at all. What I want is for him to be with me. That's all.

But since what we're looking after now is just to be together no matter where would it be, the waiting wasn't that painful anymore.

even though, we really don't know what to just do now...

Thanks for everyone's reply... I do appreciate it much... :)

31chill

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I need your answer with regards to conjugal app, i have a canadian citizen boyfriend and now my fiance' we are on the process of filing a conjugal application. I'm from Philippines and our relationship existed since March 2016. He visited me for 2 times already and we got engaged last November 2017. Ever since he supported me financially, I bought house and lot but his name cannot be consider on my application because he is not a philippine resident. We have proof of remittances and a lot of photographs to tell that our relationship is genuine and a letters from friends and family to attest our relationship. He cannot stay longer because of his visa and marriage is possible but the days of his travel and filing documents of our papers cannot sustain the number of days he stayed here, so we cannot conduct our marriage. We cannot cohabitate due to the fact we believe in our faith to God and solemly pledge that we will remain pure until we get married. I would like to ask if we are qualified to be a conjugal partner?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Short answer......no. The fact he can visit you in the Philippines negates a conjugal application. And please don’t drag up dead threads from 7 years ago....start a new one.

M

mikeymyke

Why dont you try to visit him instead? Religion is not an immigration barrier so you definitely don't qualify as conjugal

Hello Everyone,

I need your answer with regards to conjugal app, i have a canadian citizen boyfriend and now my fiance' we are on the process of filing a conjugal application. I'm from Philippines and our relationship existed since March 2016. He visited me for 2 times already and we got engaged last November 2017. Ever since he supported me financially, I bought house and lot but his name cannot be consider on my application because he is not a philippine resident. We have proof of remittances and a lot of photographs to tell that our relationship is genuine and a letters from friends and family to attest our relationship. He cannot stay longer because of his visa and marriage is possible but the days of his travel and filing documents of our papers cannot sustain the number of days he stayed here, so we cannot conduct our marriage. We cannot cohabitate due to the fact we believe in our faith to God and solemly pledge that we will remain pure until we get married. I would like to ask if we are qualified to be a conjugal partner?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hello Everyone,

You can get married, so you don't qualify as conjugal and any conjugal app you submit is guaranteed to be rejected.

So have him visit again but this time stay long enough to get married. Since common-law is not possible then this is your only option to start a sponsorship app for PR and move to Canada.

IRCC even states specifically "fiances" intending to get married, do not qualify as conjugal.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf
5.45. What is a conjugal partner?
There is NO provision for fiancé(e)s or “intended common-law partners” in IRPA. If a Canadian and a foreign national can get married or can live together and establish a common-law relationship, this is what they are expected to have done before they submit sponsorship and immigration applications.

5.46. Can conjugal partners be substitutes for fiancé(e)s?
Conjugal partners are NOT substitutes for fiancé(e)s. CIC decided that it no longer wanted to be in the business of assessing future relationships or the intention of two individuals to establish and maintain a conjugal relationship. Thus, there is no fiancé(e) category in the IRPA and Regulations. If they intend to apply as spouses, Canadians and their foreign national fiancé(e)s are expected to be married before the immigration process takes place, i.e., the foreign national must be married to the Canadian sponsor and apply to immigrate as a married spouse.

5.47. Assessment of conjugal partner relationships
Officers should also inquire whether the couple is planning to marry. If they are planning to marry, then they are fiancés and may not have established a conjugal relationship. Officers should explain that there is no fiancé(e) category in Canada’s immigration legislation, and that the foreign national fiancé(e) must be married to their Canadian sponsor and apply to immigrate as a married spouse.

Last edited:

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
That isn’t considered a valiid barrier. Conjugal is very specific and difficult to get approved. He has visited you there and it is possible to get married there, despite the time it takes, he could wait for the process to be completed. IRCC doesn’t consider financial issues a reason to not get married.

31chill

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
due to time restraints with his work and lack of documentation from Canadian Embassy we have not been able to officially get married. The 12 days waiting period to get a marriage license and his visa is only 18 days minus the travel days going here in the philippines.

Sulwyn

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Can you travel over to Canada to marry him? Before you file apps for either conjugal or if you get married, for the spousal visa, you should research what kind of evidence you'll need to prove that the relationship is real. The Canadian government is, rightly so, very strict about these things. You should try to gather enough evidence to make it undeniable that your relationship is real and not being faked. Take lots of pictures when you're together, save all your messages to each other and have your friends and families write letters of support. The letters of support will show that your families know about the relationship and are supportive of it. You wouldn't introduce someone to your parents unless you were serious about him/ her.

31chill

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Can you travel over to Canada to marry him? Before you file apps for either conjugal or if you get married, for the spousal visa, you should research what kind of evidence you'll need to prove that the relationship is real. The Canadian government is, rightly so, very strict about these things. You should try to gather enough evidence to make it undeniable that your relationship is real and not being faked. Take lots of pictures when you're together, save all your messages to each other and have your friends and families write letters of support. The letters of support will show that your families know about the relationship and are supportive of it. You wouldn't introduce someone to your parents unless you were serious about him/ her.
Well, Everybody is aware with our relationship, evidences like lot of pictures and letters from friends and families, is just that his work and visa, the number days of his stay here, i can say it's enough to do the paper works, documentation and getting a marriage license here..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Well, Everybody is aware with our relationship, evidences like lot of pictures and letters from friends and families, is just that his work and visa, the number days of his stay here, i can say it's enough to do the paper works, documentation and getting a marriage license here..
There are tons of Canadians on this forum who married their partners in the Philippines. IRCC is not going to see any barrier for you when there was no barrier for them.

You have no chance at conjugal. If you want to apply for sponsorship, you need to get married or become common-law.

31chill

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
There are tons of Canadians on this forum who married their partners in the Philippines. IRCC is not going to see any barrier for you when there was no barrier for them.

You have no chance at conjugal. If you want to apply for sponsorship, you need to get married or become common-law.
I’m sorry what I mean is, it's not enough to do the paper works, documentation and getting a marriage license here..

31chill

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
I’m sorry what I mean is, it's not enough to do the paper works, documentation and getting a marriage license here..
I’m sorry what I mean is, it's not enough to do the paper works, documentation and getting a marriage license here..because of The number of days his visa..if you want to stay longer here in The Philippines, you must have a Filipino husband or wife