+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal relationship/TRV

Sarah0018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hi! Ive read a bunch of forums regarding conjugal sponsorship and have read that getting TRV is a strong proof that we can have a successful conjugal sponsorship application.

Just a brief background about our case. My girlfriend and I (same sex) have been together for more than 2 years. Shes married but separated for her husband since 2012. Divorce is not allowed in the Philippines.

We arent worried about proofs of proving the genuineness of our relationship coz we can provide alot. From pics, conversations, call logs, statements from our family and friends, joint account, out of town travel, gifts, ect.

Question: If my girlfriend applies for TRV and gets denied because of insufficient funds or for not being employed or cant prove shes coming back to the Philippines because she doesnt have a business or work in the Philippines, would that still work as a proof to our conjugal partnership?

Thanks in advance!

AliMarti

Sep 20, 2018
Hi! Ive read a bunch of forums regarding conjugal sponsorship and have read that getting TRV is a strong proof that we can have a successful conjugal sponsorship application.

Just a brief background about our case. My girlfriend and I (same sex) have been together for more than 2 years. Shes married but separated for her husband since 2012. Divorce is not allowed in the Philippines.

We arent worried about proofs of proving the genuineness of our relationship coz we can provide alot. From pics, conversations, call logs, statements from our family and friends, joint account, out of town travel, gifts, ect.

Question: If my girlfriend applies for TRV and gets denied because of insufficient funds or for not being employed or cant prove shes coming back to the Philippines because she doesnt have a business or work in the Philippines, would that still work as a proof to our conjugal partnership?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, it would help to prove that there is an immigration barrier keeping you from living together to get common-law status in Canada.

Sarah0018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Yes, it would help to prove that there is an immigration barrier keeping you from living together to get common-law status in Canada.
Thanks for the reply! Any idea how long or how many months will it take to get the result of the TRV application? She will be applying for TRV next month.

AliMarti

Sep 20, 2018
Thanks for the reply! Any idea how long or how many months will it take to get the result of the TRV application? She will be applying for TRV next month.
From the time we applied, ours took 10 days to receive the denial letter.

Sarah0018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Wow thats fast. May i know what you guys applied for sponsorship? Is it conjugal sponsorship also? One more thing, what was the reason of your denied TRV?

AliMarti

Sep 20, 2018
Yes, we applied conjugal... We are just waiting on the email to pick up the visa now.
They denied the TRV on the basis that the officer wasn't satisfied that he would return to his country before the visa expired based on his income and assets in his home country.

Sarah0018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Yes, we applied conjugal... We are just waiting on the email to pick up the visa now.
They denied the TRV on the basis that the officer wasn't satisfied that he would return to his country before the visa expired based on his income and assets in his home country.

Goodluck on your application and hoping it would be a success. Most likely im expecting her TRV will get denied because my partner in the Philippines is currently unemployed and doesnt have any businesses in the Philippines. The only way she can prove shes coming back is she have kids to look after and i dont think thats enough reason for the immigration officer shes coming back home. Is it okay to apply conjugal sponsorship after 4 months from the day she gets a denied? Sorry i have alot of questions

AliMarti

Sep 20, 2018
Goodluck on your application and hoping it would be a success. Most likely im expecting her TRV will get denied because my partner in the Philippines is currently unemployed and doesnt have any businesses in the Philippines. The only way she can prove shes coming back is she have kids to look after and i dont think thats enough reason for the immigration officer shes coming back home. Is it okay to apply conjugal sponsorship after 4 months from the day she gets a denied? Sorry i have alot of questions
thank you! And don't be sorry! It is a really complicated process so it is better to ask questions than to have your PR application sent back for being wrong.

Children weren't enough on our TRV application to approve it... So it sounds like she is in a similar situation as he was.
You can apply any time after she's denied. Just make sure you have been in a conjugal relationship for at least one year before applying.

Sarah0018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
thank you! And don't be sorry! It is a really complicated process so it is better to ask questions than to have your PR application sent back for being wrong.

Children weren't enough on our TRV application to approve it... So it sounds like she is in a similar situation as he was.
You can apply any time after she's denied. Just make sure you have been in a conjugal relationship for at least one year before applying.
Thanks for being prompt and nice on answering my questions.

Yes we have been together for more than 2 years. We have alot of proofs to prove the genuineness of our relationships. From
pictures, travel receipts, convos, letters, statutory declarations from both our families, remittances slip, naming her as one of my beneficiaries, my closeness to her kids to name a few.

As a sponsor, is there a required salary to sponsor a conjugal partner?

AliMarti

Sep 20, 2018
Thanks for being prompt and nice on answering my questions.

Yes we have been together for more than 2 years. We have alot of proofs to prove the genuineness of our relationships. From
pictures, travel receipts, convos, letters, statutory declarations from both our families, remittances slip, naming her as one of my beneficiaries, my closeness to her kids to name a few.

As a sponsor, is there a required salary to sponsor a conjugal partner?
No there is no required salary but you need to have a plan for how you will support yourself and your partner.

Your proof sounds good ! The more you can show your closeness and reliance on each other, the better for your case!

Sarah0018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
No there is no required salary but you need to have a plan for how you will support yourself and your partner.

Your proof sounds good ! The more you can show your closeness and reliance on each other, the better for your case!
Thats good to know :)
I am currently working 2 jobs at the moment. Did you hire an immigration consultant/lawyer to help you with the processing of your conjugal sponsorship?

AliMarti

Sep 20, 2018
Thats good to know :)
I am currently working 2 jobs at the moment. Did you hire an immigration consultant/lawyer to help you with the processing of your conjugal sponsorship?
No I didn't. I studied the processing manual to know my rights and the requirements and then took it step by step. It was many months of work but it saved a lot of money

Sarah0018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
No I didn't. I studied the processing manual to know my rights and the requirements and then took it step by step. It was many months of work but it saved a lot of money

Youre right. From what i heard, its very expensive to get an immigration help from a consultant or lawyer. I guess i need to do more research before we push the application to avoid delays and errors. But do you mind to share what you did first?

AliMarti

Sep 20, 2018
Youre right. From what i heard, its very expensive to get an immigration help from a consultant or lawyer. I guess i need to do more research before we push the application to avoid delays and errors. But do you mind to share what you did first?
This is kinda a vague answer... But...
If you download the checklist, it gives you a good idea of what you need. Just start at the top of the list and read everything carefully and start compiling the requirements.

Then check the processing manual for the lists in there under the conjugal category, and add whatever additional proof you can find into the app.

Once you complete the checklist, check all your forms to see if they have released new versions (which they do often) and update whatever forms necessary.

Check and double check that you have added everything you need and that you have signed all the forms correctly.

If you ever feel lost this forum has a lot of good information to help lead you back on the right path, I read through it a lot and learned what mistakes not to duplicate based on other people's experiences.

Sarah0018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
This is kinda a vague answer... But...
If you download the checklist, it gives you a good idea of what you need. Just start at the top of the list and read everything carefully and start compiling the requirements.

Then check the processing manual for the lists in there under the conjugal category, and add whatever additional proof you can find into the app.

Once you complete the checklist, check all your forms to see if they have released new versions (which they do often) and update whatever forms necessary.

Check and double check that you have added everything you need and that you have signed all the forms correctly.

If you ever feel lost this forum has a lot of good information to help lead you back on the right path, I read through it a lot and learned what mistakes not to duplicate based on other people's experiences.
Thanks! What do you mean by vague answer? I just honestly dont know where to start but we are considering on getting
an immigration help. We are still thinking about it though