+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal Partnership (for married who doesnt have divorce in their country)

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
rjessome said:
In interpretation of those cases, cohabitation means stayed together. You are not going to get it wrong if you state that you cohabitted for a period of 3 weeks during your visit OR if you check NO and then somewhere (either in describing the development of the relationship or in a cover letter) advise the VO that you stayed together for those 3 weeks of the visit or as a part of the honeymoon, etc. Yes, it is absolutely important to put it SOMEWHERE. That's part of what was lacking in some of those cases, either they didn't report it at all or there were discrepancies in the testimony concerning whether or not the couples had stayed together for any time and the length of time.

It is open to interpretation. I'm assuming (which I shouldn't) that if you select NO for this question that you WILL indicate it elsewhere on the application. Bottom line is to make sure that it is IN the application somewhere. As long as you do that, it is counted. I have a feeling that these applications were very poorly prepared at the outset.
Yeap, there is a question for that under Maintaining Contact (visits) .. and you will also be asked to indicate if you stayed together in the same location .....

And another one is after wedding ... honeymoon and such :)

Questions are very broad, that is true ...... :) :D

trewmenn

Champion Member
May 23, 2012
pinas
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Nov-2013
AOR Received.
10-Dec-2013
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
04-Sept-2013
Passport Req..
16-June-2014: In Process July 10, 2014-submit passport and docs July 15, 2014 by SG beronia
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2015 DM-04-Aug-2014
LANDED..........
4-Sept-2014 Going to Calgary
AllisonVSC said:
As canadianwoman already mentioned you should have a strong case for a CP application. I also applied and was approved in this category though my circumstances differ from yours. If you would like to contact me, feel free anytime you have questions or need advice. You have also found a great resource at this forum. Don't be shy about posting new threads and contacting other members. There is a great deal of knowledge and support to be found here as you put your application together.

Here is a link to the operating manual that IOs use to decide on family class applications.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf
You will want to read sections 5.25 through 5.36 at least. The key to establishing a marriage-like relationship is providing evidence of a high degree of interdependency in various aspects of your lives as you will soon see from the OP2 manual. The manual will also give you examples of the types of evidence to provide.

All the best, Allison

Allison can I have your contact email add. I would to ask question about your conjugal partner application

see my timeline about my case

My Girlfriend is a PR but next year will be a citizen in Canada. She sponsored me as common law under conjugal relation-partner. I lived in the Philippines, single. I have know her since January 2010 when I was in Bahrain and she visited me in the Philippines on March 2011 when I came home and return back to Canada in April the same year. After a year we applied for this Sponsorship Conjugal Partner. Can we apply for this route?

here is our facts:

1. She was married before separated 12 years but have separation agreement notorized.
2. We only live each other for 1 month March-April 2011 at same address.
3. We have continuous communication like emails, chat,(yahoomail, Messenger and Skype) card, letters. Beneficiary both our names, will of testaments of both, photos of both of us and with both of our family members, letter of Two Statutory Declarations from friends/family including her employer, Income Tax included my name and sending me money monthly thru money transfer,
4. She had a divorce application in alberta waiting for approval\decision.
5. We can not get married because there is no divorce in the Philippines, she had no means to apply for annulment. She didn't know where his whereabouts to fill it
6. I can't go to Canada as well TRV will be refused because of lack of fund in my accounts but I have a land which was inherited to my parents which I reside till now.
7. She can't live with me in the Philippines because of her employer and she mortgage car and cannot left Canada for long because of her PR-Citizen requirement.

Are these are grounds that we applied for conjugal partner sponsorship? Any suggestion??