+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal Partner Visa

Kamiya2014

Sep 8, 2018
Good day, i really need your advise with regards to my case.

I am a filipina and i applied for TRV last may 2017 to visit the love of my life but got rejected. During my application in TRV i stated my status as single. But i am married but did not declare or change my name in all my documents and so on.. to cut the story short my husband and i ended up our relationship long time already but unfortunately there is no divorce in our country (Philippines). But i kept all my docs as single..

Then i found the love of my life which is PR and soon to be Canadian citizen. Thus for me to apply TRV to visit hi Weve been in a relationship for 1year and 6 months now. Weve been together during vacay in the Philippines (twice already) and spent lovely time together. We wanted to be with each other but dont know whats best option for me to get in Canada.

My question is are we qualified to apply in conjugal partner visa?
Will the CIC look on my previous application wherein i declared my civil status single?
What are the needed documents to be submitted for us to qualify?

Thankyou and ur help is much appreciated

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Hi, successful Conjugal applicant here. They didn't question our rejected TRV where it was stated single.
My best advice: wait until your person is a Citizen. Get them to file divorce in Canada. Canada will recognize that divorce (if he's a Citizen or not). The Philippines would recognize it if hes a citizen, but the petition for that is just as expensive as annulment.
Is your estranged husband in Canada too? ( I thought I read that somewhere but maybe I'm mistaken)
Is there a chance of getting a Canadian divorce filed with him?
If that could happen, you could marry somewhere neutral like Hong Kong and it will be recognised by Canada.
I think, other than that possibilty, yes you're definitely a candidate for Conjugal. You can't live together and can't marry. Gather all the proofs you can, and they can always request more proof if they need it. My biggest regret is I waited so long to apply due to fear of being rejected.
The documents that helped us the most were actually documents that proved my partner was no longer with his spouse. She was a bit problematic and would try and slap him with law suits so we had proof of that and ultimately on our case notes it was referred to as key.

Kamiya2014

Sep 8, 2018
M
Hi, successful Conjugal applicant here. They didn't question our rejected TRV where it was stated single.
My best advice: wait until your person is a Citizen. Get them to file divorce in Canada. Canada will recognize that divorce (if he's a Citizen or not). The Philippines would recognize it if hes a citizen, but the petition for that is just as expensive as annulment.
Is your estranged husband in Canada too? ( I thought I read that somewhere but maybe I'm mistaken)
Is there a chance of getting a Canadian divorce filed with him?
If that could happen, you could marry somewhere neutral like Hong Kong and it will be recognised by Canada.
I think, other than that possibilty, yes you're definitely a candidate for Conjugal. You can't live together and can't marry. Gather all the proofs you can, and they can always request more proof if they need it. My biggest regret is I waited so long to apply due to fear of being rejected.
The documents that helped us the most were actually documents that proved my partner was no longer with his spouse. She was a bit problematic and would try and slap him with law suits so we had proof of that and ultimately on our case notes it was referred to as key.
Thanks for the reply appreciated it... unfortunately my estranged husband is not in Canada so we cannot apply for divorce or annulment.

So if we will push through with conjugal sponsorhip.. i will declare my status on our application as married?(since i dont have divorce paper nor annulment on the process) Will the CIC ask for docs such as cenomar and AOM?

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
M

Thanks for the reply appreciated it... unfortunately my estranged husband is not in Canada so we cannot apply for divorce or annulment.

So if we will push through with conjugal sponsorhip.. i will declare my status on our application as married?(since i dont have divorce paper nor annulment on the process) Will the CIC ask for docs such as cenomar and AOM?
You simply should not lie on your application.

If you are married, you must state it. You cannot conceivably qualify as a conjugal partner if you are unmarried - because then marriage is an option and you would be immediately denied as a conjugal partner.

Kamiya2014

Sep 8, 2018
You simply should not lie on your application.

If you are married, you must state it. You cannot conceivably qualify as a conjugal partner if you are unmarried - because then marriage is an option and you would be immediately denied as a conjugal partner.
Ok copy that.. because some says that my record was already there with the CIC so if i applied earlier that im single i must push through with single status... but your right since we’re planning on conjugal sponsorhip i have to state that im married for us to qualify..

By the way how long does your processing took place? Does it take a year or more than? Is your partner from Philippines also?