+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal Partner Visa

Hernani

Oct 11, 2017
I basically have two questions about the Conjugal Partner Visa:

1) Is a boyfriend and girlfriend relationship considered a conjugal partnership?

2) Once my partner arrives in Canada, are we allowed to live separately for a while until marriage or it is mandatory to live together immediately after her arrival?

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018

1) Is a boyfriend and girlfriend relationship considered a conjugal partnership?

2) Once my partner arrives in Canada, are we allowed to live separately for a while until marriage or it is mandatory to live together immediately after her arrival?
1- A conjugal partner is: a person who is living outside Canada, in a conjugal relationship with the sponsor for at least one year, and. could not live with the sponsor as a couple because of reasons beyond their control (e.g. immigration barrier, religious reasons or sexual orientation).

2- they should be living with you, however there is no longer a mandate for this

Reactions: Hernani

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017

This type of relationship would need to include in inability to live together or get married (eg, one or both of you being married in a culture/country where divorce was forbidden, and not being able to leave that country).