+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal Partner sponsorship

quidato.26

Jun 17, 2020
Hello, I have queries regarding conjugal partner sponsorship. I’m a permanent resident here in canada and I wanted to sponsor my boyfriend in the philippines. He is married, and his previous marriage didn’t work. They separated 5 years ago and were in relationship for more than a year already. He has a 9 years old daughter. His annulment is ongoing but it’s taking a long time. I wanted to sponsor him as conjugal partner. Does it work for our case? Thank you

KarPet

Apr 13, 2020
Hello, I have queries regarding conjugal partner sponsorship. I’m a permanent resident here in canada and I wanted to sponsor my boyfriend in the philippines. He is married, and his previous marriage didn’t work. They separated 5 years ago and were in relationship for more than a year already. He has a 9 years old daughter. His annulment is ongoing but it’s taking a long time. I wanted to sponsor him as conjugal partner. Does it work for our case? Thank you

Yes, I am in the same situation. you need to provide a lot of proof that your relationship is genuine.

quidato.26

Jun 17, 2020
Hi, do you have any idea what proof? I purchased a house in our country but it was under my name only. They have documents about child custody settlement. Is that enough? Thank you

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
Has he applied for a ETA to visit you in Canada? Is there a way for the 2 of you to live together either in Canada or Philippines for 12 months?

KarPet

Apr 13, 2020
Hi, do you have any idea what proof? I purchased a house in our country but it was under my name only. They have documents about child custody settlement. Is that enough? Thank you
such as messages, your pics together, plane tickets, joint accounts, and alike. you will also need written statements from either relatives and/or friends that has knowledge of your relationship.

KarPet

Apr 13, 2020
Has he applied for a ETA to visit you in Canada? Is there a way for the 2 of you to live together either in Canada or Philippines for 12 months?
Yes, They should at least try to apply for TRV. There is no way for them to live together in PH since her partner is still considered married.

quidato.26

Jun 17, 2020
such as messages, your pics together, plane tickets, joint accounts, and alike. you will also need written statements from either relatives and/or friends that has knowledge of your relationship.
The same requirements for sponsoring your spouse? I’ve talked to a immigration consultant and they said it’s a bit tricky.

quidato.26

Jun 17, 2020
We can’t live together for a year in the philippines because permanent residents are only allowed to leave canada for 6 mos. he hasn’t applied for anything here yet.

KarPet

Apr 13, 2020
The same requirements for sponsoring your spouse? I’ve talked to a immigration consultant and they said it’s a bit tricky.
the same in a sense, but a bit more than that because we don't have marriage cert. so we have to prove more that the rel is genuine, it's more likely a common law but without the "living together" part.

that's why you have to submit proof of relationship like screenshots of social media convos / texts, call logs, money transmittal, screenshots or screen capture of video calls, a lot of those. also your pictures together as proof that you visited him. make him your beneficiary as well, and v.v.

Also when it come to your convos, it needs to be translated and verified by authorized person, in this regard, may i know your province so i could help you further.

Last edited:

KarPet

Apr 13, 2020
We can’t live together for a year in the philippines because permanent residents are only allowed to leave canada for 6 mos. he hasn’t applied for anything here yet.
at least let him apply for TRV, aside from proving that the relationship is genuine, you also have to prove that there are barriers in your relationship that keeps you from living together as common law, the more the better, one is he is still married, another is annulment is filed but it will take time as we both know how it works here in PH.

Try to read and search here as well

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
No such requirement for a permanent resident. The only obligation regarding living in Canada is you must have 2 years out of the previous 5 years residing in Canada.

Reactions: Qwertypod