File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So you think how much time will they take to approve her pr , as it’s a genuine relationship and she is very very worried now to stay here and not starting her life
Any suggestions please would be a big help
Thanks
You should expect it will take at least a year to hear a decision in the application.

As said above, I think it will be difficult for her to be approved since she has a TRV and has traveled to Canada. There is nothing stopping her from becoming common law. She faces no immigration barriers to becoming common law.

Skkhan

Feb 26, 2020
If she has a visa and has traveled to Canada, then there is nothing stopping her from becoming common law with her partner in Canada. She could simply travel to Canada and then apply to extend her visit once here to reach one year of living together and be classified as common law.

I think it may be quite difficult to get the conjual application approved based on the information you have provided.
She can’t stay in canada without a status approved As she has to give reasons to her family before moving and relocating otherwise she would have slipped or applied in any category while in canada

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She can’t stay in canada without a status approved As she has to give reasons to her family before moving and relocating otherwise she would have slipped or applied in any category while in canada
She could have easily stay in Canada from an immigration perspective. Many people on this forum have done this. During one of her trips to Canada, she could have simply applied to extend her visitor status from within Canada saying that she wants to live with her partner for a year to become common law. Once she had lived in Canada for a year with her partner, they could have submitted a common law application.

IRCC typically does not accept family issues as a reason for conjugal. She will have to see what happens with her application. Approval is certainly far from guaranteed.

Skkhan

Feb 26, 2020
She could have easily stay in Canada from an immigration perspective. Many people on this forum have done this. During one of her trips to Canada, she could have simply applied to extend her visitor status from within Canada saying that she wants to live with her partner for a year to become common law. Once she had lived in Canada for a year with her partner, they could have submitted a common law application.

IRCC typically does not accept family issues as a reason for conjugal. She will have to see what happens with her application. Approval is certainly far from guaranteed.
Oops that’s so sad what you are telling me
But I was wondering why would the application go ahead from canada if it was not with enough evidence to be screwtinised by lvo .
Staying for a year in canada would have not been possible without leaving canada for straight one year or more as she has a family and son also in case of any emergency you can’t leave canada while being a common law for atleast 18 months

Skkhan

Feb 26, 2020

If her application is not approved I think she still can go as her visit visa is for 4 years .
I was just wondering if her application was not that strong that IRCC would have not forwarded it to lvo and refused before why would they opt for biometric medical and file transfer or sponsor approval ??

Skkhan

Feb 26, 2020
You should expect it will take at least a year to hear a decision in the application.

As said above, I think it will be difficult for her to be approved since she has a TRV and has traveled to Canada. There is nothing stopping her from becoming common law. She faces no immigration barriers to becoming common law.
But she does face living together barriers so it’s clearly mentioned on the IRCC site that if a couple can’t marry or live together for any reason of religion etc they fall in the conjugal category

Skkhan

Feb 26, 2020
It’s already a year now few delays due to covid but her file is moving

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If her application is not approved I think she still can go as her visit visa is for 4 years .
I was just wondering if her application was not that strong that IRCC would have not forwarded it to lvo and refused before why would they opt for biometric medical and file transfer or sponsor approval ??
This is normal. The relationship isn't assessed until the application is forwarded to LVO. Only the sponsor is assessed in the first stage. The same for the biometrics and medical - these are requested early and before the relationship has been assessed. The fact the file has been transferred to LVO doesn't mean it's going to be approved.

Skkhan

Feb 26, 2020
This is normal. The relationship isn't assessed until the application is forwarded to LVO. Only the sponsor is assessed in the first stage. The same for the biometrics and medical - these are requested early and before the relationship has been assessed. The fact the file has been transferred to LVO doesn't mean it's going to be approved.
Let’s hope for the best maybe her application is strong enough to convince the visa officer and also the Referance she has sent and attached .
The visa officer would understand that if it was possible for my friend to continue staying in canada she would have why would she go through proper channel to apply conjugal and wait for a year or more

Reactions: scylla

MDEVGAN

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Hello,

I have been legally separated from my spouse for past 2 years and my divorce case is going in court in a city of Ontario. I have been in a conjugal relationship with my partner who resides in India for the past 1 year. I have applied for her TRV but that got rejected. Do you know if I qualify to apply for Conjugal relationship as my current marital status does not allow me to marry her and sponsor her as a spouse. My divorce case might be a little lengthy and can take a few more years. My relationship with my partner is genuine who lives at my home back in India with both of us fully dependent on each other in a marriage like relationship.